TN and swelling? Very Scared

I noticed about 2 days ago that my chin in REALLY swollen. Ive been getting severe shocks and stabbing pain on the bottom of my jaw,( both sides now, after i had a root canal on my right last week up top of my mouth) but this is the first time Ive noticed swelling. I had a dentist appt maybe 2 days before the swelling started, but they worked on the top of my mouth, not the bottom and it went well because of my amitriptyline i take. I immediately called my dentist and she said it sounded like an allergic reaction to a material or numbing agent, which my family thought as well. My DR is on Vacation of coarse right now when i need her! ahh haha so i took the benadryl and it had no affect so now i know its not an allergic reaction. Im waiting until my doc comes back to ask her whats going on because I AM SCARED. My face looks DEFORMED. Does anyone else have this or have experienced this in dealing with TN? And if so does anyone know what i can do to minimize the swelling? Thanks, really scared right now so any info will def help me. I don know if i should go to the hospital because the pain and swelling or if this is just something normal.

There are lymph nodes and salivary glands that may be affected. Infections are always a possibility. Go see a Ear, Nose and Throat doctor (Otolaryngologist) if you are able. I would highly recommend you step out of the dental realm and just go to an urgent care facility if you are unable to make an appointment with a doctor right away. Please don't wait. Swelling near the head and neck region can be dangerous. And also, no one can tell you what it is without giving it a look as there are too many possible conditions....like a blocked salivary gland, infection, stones, etc.