Heat

I know a lot of you have problems with cold bringing pain, but does anybody else have issues when it gets hot? The heat is a problem for me. In fact hot or cold just brings pain. I’m dreading the weather as it gets hotter outside. It’s already warm out today and my dang pain is already reacting to the heat. Why can’t it just be at a perfect 70 degrees out and stay there? anyways does anybody else have an issue with warmer weather?

its close to 100 here, all the past week my pain was off the charts. If it was 70 degrees every day I would feel great!!

Wendy

When I first got the TN symptoms, after cleaning my kitchen and had already been sweating, I decided to go outside at around 2 or 3 pm, to work on my tan in 97 degree weather (end of July 2010), . I remember getting a hot flash outside as well and dec ided I couldn't take the heat after being out there for about 2o minutes or so and sweating like crazy. That night I started feeling the pricking sensation everytime I touched the tip of my nose. I did't know anything about TN, so it took me about a week to start researching the symptoms, which included pain when the wind moved a few strands of hair, electric-like pricking on my lips and headache. Eventually I went to my doctor and he concluded I had TN. Ever since, the minute the weather starts getting warm, this MONSTER wakes up. The first time (2010) it only lasted two months or so then the next year same thing. This year as soon as the weather got hot (April), it woke up again and now it doesn't want to go away! I'm afraid to spend time outside, also I cannot have the air conditioner facing that side of my face, because it doesn't like it either.

Last night Icouldn't sleep in my bed because everytime I layed back the electricity shocks would start going crazy on my lips even after I had taken the medication (Oxcarbazepine). This morning I woke up fine until 20 minutes the jaw pain started, I took another pill, but nothing, if anything it gave me a headache, couldn't hardly eat, so I took a tylenol with codine. I feel nauseous and headached is a little better. Finally at around 4:00 pm I eate some cookies to calm down my stomach and the pricking on my lips stopped.

Exterme heat bothers me my face will start but not all the time