First Appointment

So my first neuro appointment in ten years is tomorrow and I'm trying to prepare myself so I don't say something wrong and get told I'm fine or lying. Does anyone remember some of the questions their doctor asked at their first appointment? Is there anything key that I should say? Anything would help honestly, I'm just so nervous and scared.

The best thing to do is to describe the pain to YOURSELF!! Write it down, bring the sheet of paper with you.

I swear the whole diagnostic is by patient description and not medical science.

MY MRI / CT scans were normal for almost all doctors, my NS determined it was GN by listening to me.

Take time to think about the pain. Does it feel like Heat? Does it feel electrical? Throbbing? Aching?

You make the words - you are the one they HAVE to believe.

I doubt they would say you were lying - most likely they would say " there is nothing physically apparent for why you have pain."

Anyhow - thats my 2C

Smash

http://www.livingwithtn.org/page/info-4 Take a look here, it is Red's info on what to expect. Good luck, don't forget, he is the provider and you the patient. The onus is on him to help you. I thought the idea to describe the pain to yourself a great one. Also if you are struggling to speak, I do when pain is bad, there are apps you can download that you type in the answer and it speaks it to the Dr. Good luck :D