A long time away from Living with TN

Hello everyone!

It seems like forever since I've been on this site - And I gatta tell you, I missed it. Not a whole lot has happened with my treatment since I wrote last, mainly due to the fact I switched jobs and had to wait for my new insurance to kick in. That was a rough couple of months!

My TN pain still comes and goes in my right temple, though the flaring up isn't torture like it was before - However, as of late it has reared its ugly head and gone from the electrical 'pings' to something more along the lines of an ice-pick being drilled into my skull or as if the nerve itself was set on fire. I am scheduled today to go see my Neuro, which I am nervous about because I had an MRI about a week ago and he was reviewing it in the room with me and with a somewhat somber face said that he needed a second opinion and that I should go home. A week later I finally get call stated that he got the second opinion and he wants me to come in to speak with him. I don't want to be afraid, but I wiggled myself somewhat of an answer and it sounds like he saw something unusual on the MRI. Today I get the results and find out if my 2nd MVD is still scheduled for the summer or I have to push it closer. Oiy!

Well, I missed you all and have a great Thanksgiving!!

Hi Katie, just want you to know I’m thinking of you, hope your neuro appt goes well and that your current pain is relieved soon!
Let us know , (( hugs)) Mimi

Aww, thanks. Much appreciated. I will definitely do an update once I have a clear idea of what is really going on. Hopefully it's nothing serious and that I don't have to go back on disability because I really enjoy my new job.