TN to MS?

Hi friends,

I was diagnosed with Type II TN in December of 2011. Over the last 6 years I have had muscle issues, trembling, and numbness in my right arm. This has become far worse. I am going to make an appointment with yet another neurologist....

My question is: Have any of you been diagnosed with MS after TN? I have been keeping detailed records for 3 days straight and I am more depressed keeping track of my symptoms then I was just knowing what I was feeling. How much of a record of symptoms does a doctor need? Also, how detailed.

I'm scared.

{{hugs}}

Knottytree

Hello! What kind of muscle issues are you having!

I think in the "groups" tab here -- there is an MS group you could ask questions there.... I know they can find out by having a certain type of MRI.....

Keep posting!

Hello,

When I was originally diagnosed with TNII, my neuro immediately thought it was possible I had MS. If you're a female under the age of 50 with symptoms of TN, it is likely you have MS. however, an MRI will quickly rule out the possibility or confirm the diagnosis pretty damn easily. I am waiting on my MRI still. I would suggest you wait until you get an MRI -- it's easy to scare yourself into the symptoms of MS if you think you may have it and simply just waiting for a confirmed diagnosis is better psychologically then constantly worrying about it (if you're anything like me).