Swelling

My cheek on my left side (my TN side) is always swollen. ALWAYS. I look lopsided...haha! Is this TN related?

I think it very well could be. I know that when I sleep more than 4 hours laying down in the bed. I get swelling. If... I sleep reclined, which is what I usually do. I am fine. I would try doing that, if you can and you have a recliner, and see what happens... Just a thought. I know many people have complained about swelling and the only time I get it is when I sleep flat.too much soo I always suggest it. But if your really concerned, talk to your doc.. :)

I have swelling on my TN side too. My neuro thinks it is a droop, nerve related. I am also more swollen when I have more pain.

Ya I have permanent so it seems swelling in front of my ear and cheek of the affected side. My cheek alternates between hard as a rock and just firm under the skin. Muscle spasms. I had a massage therapist break up facia that had tightened there and it seems slighly better. Hurt for a few days after she did the massage. My neck on same side was contracting from my favoring it. Massage also helping this loosen up.

I was telling my husband that it feels tight…like it is being pulled. It used to go away after a few hours of being awake, but now it’s 24/7. I will try sleeping in a reclined position. It just looks odd… I’m going to talk to my neurologist about it on the 30TH. Thanks so much for your replies!! :slight_smile:

Yes I also have swelling on whatever side is flairing up ..or both as I am a bilateral case....at first I kept looking in the mirror and thinking ...they say TN should not cause swelling but funny thing is it swells each time I am in pain.

yes, me too. My TN side is always a little lopsided. My husband comments on it often about how it looks a little swollen. I had just assumed it was related.

~Mistee

I figured it was related, but I figured I might just ask the smartest TN people I know! It seems like my GP said TN could cause some swelling and some droopiness, but that was months ago and I am good if I remember 5 minutes ago. Ha!

Yes I swell bad. Face and Eyes.

But the other day I walked into my doctors office and he told me my face lost 10lbs. I have been swollen for over 2years and nothing helped. Untill now!!!!

GALLIXA!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot be more excited about this molecule combination put into a cream. I have used it since Friday when it arrived. My pain level was reduced by 50%-75% within the first 10 min of application. Improves my headache and scalp pain as well. After the 1st night I noticed great improvement with the swelling associated with ATN and swelling in my eyes. After several days my swelling is staying 75% lower than it has in 2years trying everything else anti-inflammatory and anti-pain.

This Stuff Works Great!! Please try it. I promise it will help. Read up on the research pages it gives enough info for doctors to be able to prescribe it in an oral form or even a mouthwash would be fabulous. But just the cream on my cheek and ear/temple area is AWSOME!!! You do not need a prescription to by the cream I purchased.

http://www.gallixa.com/GAMReferences/IASP_Poster2.pdf

http://www.gallixa.com/AboutGallixa.html

http://www.gallixa.com/BuyGallixa.html

With All My Love,

Tree

Thanks for the info, Tree! I also saw on another thread something you said about herbs. I am going to a class tomorrow night to learn to make different herbal cleaning products. I plan on speaking to our instructor about these herbs and seeing what she can do for me. Much love to you!

Tree69 said:

Yes I swell bad. Face and Eyes.

But the other day I walked into my doctors office and he told me my face lost 10lbs. I have been swollen for over 2years and nothing helped. Untill now!!!!

GALLIXA!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot be more excited about this molecule combination put into a cream. I have used it since Friday when it arrived. My pain level was reduced by 50%-75% within the first 10 min of application. Improves my headache and scalp pain as well. After the 1st night I noticed great improvement with the swelling associated with ATN and swelling in my eyes. After several days my swelling is staying 75% lower than it has in 2years trying everything else anti-inflammatory and anti-pain.

This Stuff Works Great!! Please try it. I promise it will help. Read up on the research pages it gives enough info for doctors to be able to prescribe it in an oral form or even a mouthwash would be fabulous. But just the cream on my cheek and ear/temple area is AWSOME!!! You do not need a prescription to by the cream I purchased.

http://www.gallixa.com/GAMReferences/IASP_Poster2.pdf

http://www.gallixa.com/AboutGallixa.html

http://www.gallixa.com/BuyGallixa.html

With All My Love,

Tree

Hi I too suffer on one side of my face with tight swalloness, especially when I'm in pain. Its rubbish I have half a fat face lol x

I know, half a fat face looks funny. I have a weird dimple in my chin where the swelling meets the other side that is not. My body is skinny from not chewing food so much. So 1/2 my face looked 10lbs heavier than my body. Now it only looks a couple of lbs heavier.

LOL, Tree

Me too…and it’s been especially true when my pain was most severe. My Neurosurgeons say its from cranial fluid build up in my brain (around the trigeminal nerve tumor surgical site) leaching out into my face. I’ve asked if that’s the case then why has it seemed to correlate to my pain level? They have no answer. My recent switch from regular Neurontin to the new version of Neurontin called “GRALISE” has had a huge impact on facial swelling. I look normal for the first time in 14 years, and even with a pain flare the swelling is very slight…SO HAPPY!!!

It's not enough that we have to have this horrible pain...we have to look funny too? Haha! We are all beautiful!

Yes, I believe it is related…I swell up so much on the left side of my face and upper lip that I sound like I’ve got a lip full of Novocain. Sheesh!!!

Thats fabulous! about the new meds. I always tell people if one is not working try something else till you find what does. Good Job ML, I am so happy for you.

I think swelling adds to the pain. Especially when its so tight and uncomfortable.

My doctors never really answered me, cause they are not sure either. But my Opthamologist said that he was sure it was fluid transfer from my face into my eyes when I lay down. Seems to make sense, when any body part is irratated to the point of pain flare up their is swelling at or around the site. I think it must be a way for our bodies to carry off bad stuff in our system.

Two Cents, Therese

Interesting info from your opthamologist Therese. Intense pain and pressure behind my eye has been one of my most debilitating problems, and one that the neurosurgeons have had little explanation of. Now that I’m taking Gralise, and the facial swelling is down, I find that the pain behind my eye has lessened considerably. Blessings! ML