Someone please help me .. Bad tooth pain :(

Hi

I am in such severe pain.

I was diagnosed with TN in 2008. In 2006 while I was working as a school bus driver, a coworker threw ice and it hit my had. For two years I was running around like a crazy man trying to figure out what the pain was from. My PCP didn't think it was from that incident, however, after several visits to dentist, lots of dental work done, saw many other docs, I was sent to a nuero and DX with TN that was the related to the work incident.

Ive had so much work done to my teeth. I feel so bad. 3 extractions and numerous root canals and fillings.

Sucks but what can I do?

Now ...the I keep getting these awful pains in my teeth. I don't know if it is related to TN because it happens on both sides? I always thought TN was always one side.

Anyone have any idea? I don't want to have any more teeth out.

I keep getting tingly feelings as well. Any help would be appreciated

The pain keeps going from my temples to my chin .. I have been on strong pain meds but i'm on a schedule 3 narcotic. :(

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I recently joined site, I am having the same symptoms as you did. So what is going on now, how are you feeling?

You could possibly go to the ER and get something stronger -- make sure they know you have battled TN -- can be on both sides

Are you on a anti-seizure med? Usually first meds to try?

Do you have a competent neurologist???

These go to you too Marina!!!

There is prescription LIDOCAINE mouthwash that maybe would help

Also prescription lidocaine for outside face

Keep Posting!

Mt TNgenerally appears as tooth pain and has occurred on both sides. I get a sharp electrical pain that readiated through the jaw and then a tingly feeling inbetween electrical bursts. Unfortunatey, I have found that narcotic pain killers don't work at all. A combination or neurontin and industrial strength anti anflamitories are needed to quell the worst attacks. My most recent attack required ketorolac and dilantin administered via IV along with neurontin to make the pain level livable.

Hi Matt, sorry you have so much pain. TN can present bilaterally, TN is rare, Bilateral TN is more rare but over 100 members here report they do have it, myself included.

Tooth extraction rarely helps TN, in fact some say it makes their TN worse.

Try writing to "Red Lawhern" he may be able to shed some light onto your problem. Here is a link to his page.

All the best.

http://www.livingwithtn.org/profile/RichardARedLawhern

I have 24/7 pain in my teeth, and 100mg/day of amitriptyline has helped more than anything else. I also use an OTC Lidocaine gel and apply it to the gums above the offending teeth.

Hope you get some relief soon.