TN is back...Im lost and feeling hopeless

Diagnosed in March of 2011 with TN. I had an MD on November 23, 2011. In late May of 2012, my TN pain came back. I am trying to find ANY relief I can. IS it dental? Could this be brought on by stress? Why is my pain back? WHY? The biggest debate going on in my head is if this pain could be caused by a wisdom tooth thats still there on the affected side. Could it be causing my pain? What if i have it removed and it makes my TN pain worse? Has this happened to anyone?

I think it has happened to a lot of people. The same thing happened to me about 6 months following my MVD surgery and I was still taking a very small amount of medication. My surgeon informed me that , the reason he had me to stay on medication was due to the fact it takes the nerve a long time to heal, especially if the nerve has been very irritated are damaged. It had been almost 2 years for me now and i still get those little stings and feeling of "Is it about to strike" which, they are very hard to describe.

If you haven't had the Dentist to xray and check to see if you could have an abscess, then do so, and you might even try a different dentist. My sister stayed on tegretol for 2 years for TN and had to see another Dentist and he found where she had , had an abscess tooth for ab out 2 years, he pulled the tooth and it cured her. Hopefully this might be your problem. Good Luck to you!

Linda

Brenda, I hope you know I am so very upset to read this. I have been thinking of you and imagining you in a happy pain free life after your MVD. Why not contact Red about the odds of dental as opposed to a second MVD. All the best. I hope for a miracle.

I'd at least get a dental x-ray. Wisdom teeth are notorious for causing problems in your mouth and getting infections. As for TN problems, I only know that the shocks go down into one of my teeth but it has had two root canals and has no nerve or abscess. I don't really know if the root canals is what triggered my TN or if it made it worse. I think others on this site have a better understanding than I if it could make TN worse.