Help! Bi-Lateral TN...and DENTAL WORK!

I had my last root canal today. I don't know why but every time i go in for a root canal the tooth winds up hurting more. Ive gotten so many shocks in that tooth today i dont even know what to do. I had a severe reaction for the first time in my dentist office to epinephrin which was in one of the Anestassia used to numb my mouth for the procedure (litocaine i think). Anyway i couldnt breathe, had abdominal thrusts, face blew up, and i was violently shaking. My Dentist has used this on me for a year and a half. The only change in my medication is adding my amitriptyline. Now i have to keep getting more shots because i was told the epi is what makes the litocaine last for as long as it does apparently. Has anyone else went in for a root canal, cavity, extraction anything dental knowing you had TN and it was a dental problem and can anyone relate to what im going through? Im at a loss because im petrified to go back to the dentist and i have a few more months of this....scared...and now for the first time im getting shocks on my right side, which isnt my TN side. Im wondering if it had spread...I had severe infections in m whole mouth and teeth so i wouldnt be surprised if the infection led to my TN. Has anyone else ever felt shocks on the opposite side of there usual tn side? And if so, are you TN type 1 or 2 Bilateral

Hi, I hope you are feeling better today. I have Classic TN Bilaterally. My right side is far worse that my left. I need to have one of my wisdom teeth pulled on the right side and a couple cavities filled on the left side and I have been holding off because I am so scared to do so. I haven't been able to get my pain under control with medication and I am afraid of how the pain will be after the fact! I think the birth of my daughter 7 months ago picked my TN into over drive as I was put on Tegretol and maxed out on it within a month and still having pain. Then just about 3 weeks ago I started getting the shocks and pain on my left side for the first time!!!! I went to a neurologist yesterday (worst doc appt of my life) so I never got around to ask if I should have the tooth out now or wait until the pain is better under control. I am terrified of making things worse!! I am seeing a neurosurgeon on Tuesday to discuss MVD. I will ask him if I should go ahead and get it out now...I am sure it should be done before surgery.

Sorry I really have no advice for you, but I just wanted to make sure you knew you weren't alone with the dental problems!!

that def helps, thank you so much! :) let me know how the MVD works im praying im a candidate waiting to see a neurosurgeon!

SaraM29 said:

Hi, I hope you are feeling better today. I have Classic TN Bilaterally. My right side is far worse that my left. I need to have one of my wisdom teeth pulled on the right side and a couple cavities filled on the left side and I have been holding off because I am so scared to do so. I haven't been able to get my pain under control with medication and I am afraid of how the pain will be after the fact! I think the birth of my daughter 7 months ago picked my TN into over drive as I was put on Tegretol and maxed out on it within a month and still having pain. Then just about 3 weeks ago I started getting the shocks and pain on my left side for the first time!!!! I went to a neurologist yesterday (worst doc appt of my life) so I never got around to ask if I should have the tooth out now or wait until the pain is better under control. I am terrified of making things worse!! I am seeing a neurosurgeon on Tuesday to discuss MVD. I will ask him if I should go ahead and get it out now...I am sure it should be done before surgery.

Sorry I really have no advice for you, but I just wanted to make sure you knew you weren't alone with the dental problems!!