Putting things in perspecttive

Ya know, a little reality check here and there does me good. I have a job where I see the absolute worst in people. I see people in crisis day in and day out. I am recognizing these bouts of intesense stabbing in pain, as HORRIFFIC that they are, eventually pass and isn’t going to kill me. I have seen people die. Lots of them. I have a friend who has less than 3 years too live due to cancer and has a wife and a 7 year old daughter. I have another friend who is in the hospital suffering from Lueukemia.

I am thankful for this site so I can vent to other suffers who understand my pain. I hate talking about it with other people who cant grasp the concept of this indescribable pain. But then I remember I’m not going to die (at least not from TN) and there are numerous people who are also in a WORSE situation because their condition is going to kill them. Compared to that, my condition is nothing and my own little pity party is doing nothing to help them. :slight_smile:

I am thankful for all we have..

peace, min

Thank you for sharing this, Scuba Chick. Such a great reminder! I was thinking the same thing the other day. I know several women with young children who have died from cancer and a couple more who have had serious accidents.

So glad we have each other here. :)

By the way, I noticed you live in Seattle. I live in Kirkland so we're not too far away. :)

Well, I live north of Seattle, but work in Seattle. :slight_smile:

thank you for that...you are so correct...i sometimes have some real good days and i feel so normal. the pain meds are doing their job and the weather in texas is sometimes good for my face too especially if it's real hot so I get what you are saying..thanks for the reality check....appreciate ya.!

scubachic, u r not having ur own pity party cuz it's true hurt and pain. I have been scared of death when i was denied medical help cuz of vindictive ppl effecting my life. I am now finally at a good point and I have to thank all u on this site. I been on only a few days but i have gotten more done in the last few days than i can remember. My dogs keep playing and wagging their tails when i sit down 2 take a break. It's like they can feel my renewed excitement and decreased pain. I got up today and didn't even have to take my meds for over an hr. Thanks so much 4 you "venting". it feels so good to read the exact things i would write. God bless xoxox