NUCCA Chiropractic technique

Hi, just curious if any of you have tried and had success with what I hear is a gentle and sometimes successful form of Chiropractics for patients with TN. My cervical spine is pretty messed up so hoping this will give me some relief. I know we all have different experiences...hopefully some of yours have been positive.

Thanks!

~ Vicki

When my auto immune problem began I also got bad neck and back of head pain, this was just a few weeks after my TN1 attack.

This went on for a few weeks but then got better. I remember not being able to be a passenger in a car as my head felt it was being shaken around and I got bad pains in the back of my head.

I now have mild temple and corner jaw ache at night, if i try to lay on that side of my face. I am no longer taking any meds for it as i can live with it as long as it does not become worse.

My doctor wants me to see a physiotherapist here, as he thinks my temple ache could be differed pain from the neck. I also have to be careful not to lay with more then one pillow as i feel it puts strain on the back of my neck.

I am going to see the physio in January and I will let you know what she says and any treatment which she may offer.

I don't know long term or what the science is behind it. However, I was having 8 level pain last weekend at my daughter's recital. One of the dancer's mom is a chiro... she told me that with pain like that, either she could really substantially lower my pain level, or send it through the roof. She would not know until she did it. I told her to do it, because I did not want to miss it..... she did, and my pain level went down to a 3, and within 2 hours I was pain free.

I will be exploring talking with her later and investigating whether this is an option for me.

When I was talking to her later, she said that if you are already uncomfortable in your spinal column, it just bogs down your general wellbeing. So getting your spine in shape helps overall well being which is important with chronic pain patients.

I think you should try it. I am in the process of trying it. I am, I don't think it has stopped the pain but maybe it has lessened it. I'm not sure if it is working or not. I've has several bad days since I've had my adjustments. But I have gone to a NUCCA Chiopractor for a couple years before my TN started. She has helped me out with many other areas of my spine. So I would highly recommend them for that. I'm willing to keep trying it. I go back this week to see her. I will keep you posted if you like.

What exactly is NUCCA?

Hi Phoebe,

It's a gentle chiropractic method and some people with TN have found relief with it.

I went to my first appt. but I'm pretty sure my TN is caused by Multiple Sclerosis and not neck issues.

~ Vicki

Phoebe said:

What exactly is NUCCA?

Thanks, Kim. I went to my first appt. The doctor was great but I'm not real sure my TN is related to a neck issue and I'm afraid to get the pain flared up. I think I'm going to hold off for now.

Hope you find relief from this, Kim. :)

~ Vicki

kimik0206 said:

I think you should try it. I am in the process of trying it. I am, I don't think it has stopped the pain but maybe it has lessened it. I'm not sure if it is working or not. I've has several bad days since I've had my adjustments. But I have gone to a NUCCA Chiopractor for a couple years before my TN started. She has helped me out with many other areas of my spine. So I would highly recommend them for that. I'm willing to keep trying it. I go back this week to see her. I will keep you posted if you like.

Thank you Vicki, I go back again this week. I'm also up to 900mg of Tegretol and that isn't working so at this point I am just hoping for any relief. I hop you find relief also. :)