Need NYC Neurosurgeon or one worth traveling out of state for...Please!

Anyone out there know of a good neurosurgeon in NYC metro area? Have TN1 and none of the good ones at Columbia take my insurance…of course…does someone have one outside of NYC that would be worth traveling to? Desperate for change in quality of life. Thanks

YES! Dr. Ken Casey - I traveled from MO to Michigan. He wrote the book "Striking Back" and trained directly under the inventor of the MVD

you can google

ken casey . net - something like that

and he will do conultation / pain scale over email - in tandem with your local doctor

and then you meet him the day before surgery

I watched videos of him and liked his experience and sense of humor!

I'm 3 weeks shy of the ONE year mark -- Type 1 --- very little trouble since then -- a few starts and stops with minor pain taken care of with lidocaine topical -- I did have to go back on trileptal at weeks 11-17 - but not now at week 49!

but I had TWO compressions

Kimberly

Thanks Kimberly! I'm going to do some research on him! My body is becoming resistant to the trileptal at this point, so I;m desperately seeking an alternative option. the other meds have too many side effects and I don't handle them well.

Congrats re: week 49! Keep me updated on how you are doing!

Kc Dancer Kc said:

YES! Dr. Ken Casey - I traveled from MO to Michigan. He wrote the book "Striking Back" and trained directly under the inventor of the MVD

you can google

ken casey . net - something like that

and he will do conultation / pain scale over email - in tandem with your local doctor

and then you meet him the day before surgery

I watched videos of him and liked his experience and sense of humor!

I'm 3 weeks shy of the ONE year mark -- Type 1 --- very little trouble since then -- a few starts and stops with minor pain taken care of with lidocaine topical -- I did have to go back on trileptal at weeks 11-17 - but not now at week 49!

but I had TWO compressions

Kimberly

Ask about the special patient apartments --- retirement community rents out apartments for good price - like a motel but way better -- just 20 min from the hospital.

I stayed there one extra night with my husband and daughter

after my 2 nights in hospital.

trilept-HELL ruined my life and took away my spark - my personality - my smarts !

Research all you can !