My first MRI and I feel like a baby

So I just had my first MIR and was not worried at all. I am not claustrophobic and had a CT scan before so I thought it would be a breeze. Well I was wrong. My face felt like it was being shocked and the pressure behind my eyes was excruciating. I had her stop the scan to ask if it was normal and she said no one has ever complained of that. Am I freak? Is it possible that it was because of my sensitivities due to my tn? My tn is on the left side and I felt it on both. I don’t know how I actually managed the 40 min and I never want one again. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I

I KNEW there was a reason I had mine under general anaesthetic! I'm so sorry yours was so nasty. Even though I was asleep the contrast dye made me hugely Ill afterwards. Never again for me too.

I didn’t even know I could have my mri under general anaesthetic. I don’t understand how so many people have them and are ok and for me it was awful. I am usually pretty tough:(

I think you night be a rare owl! But now you know! Sorry you had to go thru that torture.

I didn't know about the general anaesthetic either until I told the neurologist that I was not going in that tiny little thing. No way in God's green earth. (Violent shaking of the head accompanying deniels) Apparently that's how they have to do them on children and grown adults who are capable of screaming loud enough to shatter the hospital windows. I still found the whole experience hideous and I was ill for a couple of days afterwards. Once bitten, twice shy.