Mvd recovery

I’m going to see a neurosurgeon on Thursday about an MVD surgery. How long was anyone out of work? Any advice on the recovery process is welcomed.

Hi, just had MVD 3 1/2 weeks ago and back at work doing light duties. I spent a week in hospital (first few days were a bit rough) and probably another week at home resting and doing very little. I still can't drive or lift anything heavier than 5kg but generally feeling great. Suffered a really stiff neck but no TN pain at all since surgery. It really is the best thing I have done and I think the first few weeks are really important to take it slow and look after yourself. Good luck!

My MVD was 4 1/2 months ago. Best thing to do is take it very easy. I was in the hospital 1 week and pretty much in bed at home for the 2nd week. I started having more energy by the 3rd. I don't believe I was able to drive for about a month to month and a half. Because my TN and ATN pain was so much better, I tried to do too much and hurt the muscles near the surgical site. That put me out for another week. I don't work at the moment, so I had the luxury of taking it easy and not doing anything if I didn't want to. If I had been working, I would've been out for at least a month and then gone back only doing light duty. (I worked in a hospital and had to do a lot of lifting.) If my work had been more sedentary, I might have been able to go back after 3-4 weeks. But I wouldn't have been able to drive myself there. I don't know if any of this helps. I hope your appointment goes well!