MVD next week...EEK

Hello to all my TN friends. It’s my turn. Got the call just before noon. I went visceral: head felt like it was going to fall off, stomach heaved, bowels stirred…and then I started coming up with excuses why I couldn’t do this next week. Instant split personality-:slight_smile: but it’s on.

Keeping Heart
Bellalarke

You go for it my friend...have lots of positive thoughts and believe!

I will be thinking about you and waiting for your news...when you can get it to us.

I really hope this has the perfect outcome. Good luck my new friend :o)

Terrific news you will do just great. I remember the day before my surgery in my mind it appeared that the pain was subsiding and I thought to myself do I really want to go through with this surgery. Just like NIKKI said "good positive thoughts and believe"....

Oh Bellalarke, Good LUCK! I am sending you POSITIVE and HEALING thoughts. Go to that peaceful resourceful center within you! Sending Love, Tina

I am 9 months post MVD and am thankful for my great surgeon and every day without pain. I wish you the same success.

Remember to rest and don't expect too much from your body after the surgery. You will need healing time so take it easy and relax.

Oh Bellalarke, the day I got my call I cried on and off all day. Then I started to clean the house and bake up a storm in the following days. (It is what I normally do when stressed). Surround yourself with good people, they will take care of you.

Also, remember I got bumped, silly medical system. But don't panic if that happens remember another person is more need of the doctor then you that day. Breathe. It will all work out.

Hugs J

Will email soon, new drugs are kickin in and feeling human again.

Best of luck to you!

Wishing you the best outcome!!!

perfectly normal response! ; )
all will be as it should and you will do great!
I’m so grateful for the relief my MVD brought me, and still doe, despite recent circumstances!
I wish you peace in your heart and mind as you prepare for your day.
trust in the universe my friend!
here for you if you need me.
((( hugs ))) Mimi xx

Were all behind you and as Mini says all you are feeling is perfectly natural. Many hugs thinking of you and my prayers are with you xx

Hey sister of the northwest : )

You are healthy and strong,

Just do what you do to relax

while the time passes quickly!

Nooooo hurry to do anything for a couple weeks after! We will be watching you!

Awesome News Bellarke!!! I felt the same way, had to do a lot of deep breathing, praying and trying to focus on the big picture. It’s tough waiting, but it will be behind you before you know it!! Stay strong:)

Mighty thanks to everyone for the prayers and cheers. Yesterday was so intense coordinating arrangements for travel and appointments for pre-op testing, etc. I live on a small island between Vancouver and Vancouver Island. One daughter with a new baby lives in Victoria on Vancouver Island, another in Montreal. And my “secret sister” who lives way over on the other side of the country in Nova Scotia is coming to help with after care. I say “secret” sister because she is only seven months!!! older than me and we didn’t meet until we were fifty and have visited once since. It is her 60th birthday on the 19th. She will spend that birthday with me holding my hand the day before surgery on the 20th. We are all staying at my good friend’s house in West Vancouver.

Now with the travel and arrangements all in place and the support of all of you, my dearest LwTN friends, I’m feeling steady. And ready.

For the last month, knowing this date was coming, I’ve had an intense energy, that seems to have come from nowhere, and have put my physical space in good order and taken dozens of big bags of stuff to recycling and given away about 100 books, and done some interior painting, and have two cords of wood stacked in the woodshed. Many people came to help. I am so looking forward to recovery in my little cottage on the cliff by the sea. It feels lighter. And I feel lighter. And I pray that some of this awful TN load will be lightened too.

Prayers and love and hugs to everyone here who suffers.

Keep Heart
Bellalarke

How wonderful to find you have a secret sister who then becomes your another of your best friends! Bellalarke you have obviously coped well with so many things which life can throw at you and you have turned them into a positive, TN can be another of those curve balls. You go ahead have your MVD and sort out that dammed TN! Many hugs to you and your sister xxxx

Best wishes for a great recovery

John

Thanks, John. My very best to you too.
Keep heart
Bellalarke

Praying for you! :)

Sounds like you have everything in place and a great support system! Now it’s your turn;) Keep positive thoughts!! You will be so happy to have this chapter behind you!! You’re in my prayers, I’ll be thinking if you on the 20th!!

This morning I’m feeling very calm now that all the arrangements are in place and I’m mostly finished up with the the things I have to do here. (I live alone so I do all the maintenance, a few things still need attending to before the rainy season begins, friends are coming to help).

Stopped in to see my GP yesterday and she gave me the letter she received from my surgeon. The sentences: “CISS sequence demonstrates a loop of left superior arterial cerebellar artery contacting the underside of the trigeminal nerve on the left side. There is also a loop of anterior inferior cerebellar artery contacting the facial nerve complex. The vessels in proximity to lower cranial nerves were less well see” are quelling my fears of “Should I really do this!” Still, I understand that there is no way of knowing if contacting means compressing until he gets in there. He is also going to explore the glossopharyngeal nerve for possible decompression and warned me that he’ll be making a large hole.

I’m starting to get excited about all the things I’ll possibly be able to with comfort! So yes, thanks Kathy, I’m feeling very positive. Thank you for thinking of me and all prayers most welcome. How are you doing?

Thanks so much Elstep. My life is looking bright this morning! And guess what: I have two other sisters, closer to my daughters age, and am looking forward to getting to know them too. (We all have a common father…he was a busy man!) Also four brothers but I don’t think the same closeness will evolve. It’s too bad they live 4000 miles away but soon I’ll be good enough to travel again too-:slight_smile:

elstep said:

How wonderful to find you have a secret sister who then becomes your another of your best friends! Bellalarke you have obviously coped well with so many things which life can throw at you and you have turned them into a positive, TN can be another of those curve balls. You go ahead have your MVD and sort out that dammed TN! Many hugs to you and your sister xxxx