MVD doctors in Colorado

anyone have experience with a doctor in CO for the mvd surgery?

I would strongly recommend Dr Breeze at Anchutz. He did my MVD last March. Even though it wasn’t completely successful for me (took care of branch two but not branch one) he is highly respected by my other doctors and I found him to be caring and easy to talk to.

thanks for your reply....we are just starting on this journey, my husband has had TN for 2.5 years but has worsened suddenly. We are visiting many doctors to find out our options. His trigeminal nerve is touching his basilar artery so there is much caution.

So sorry to hear of your journey. I’m in the Fort Collins area now, moved here from the Telluride area so I’ve had experiences with neuro’s in Montrose, Fort Collins and Denver. I would be glad to discuss procedures, etc. My husband is my best advocate and has traveled this whole path with me so we have at least one opinion of how this disease impacts life. Just friend me if you would like to talk.

We are in Fort Collins too....don't see how to "friend", i can only see how to add friends via my email account.

can you friend me instead?

hope,

finally found the add "friend" option.....have added your name.

I have struggled with TN for the past 5 years. My doctor is Dr. Adair Prall at the Colorado Trigeminal Neuralgia Clinic based out of South Denver Neurosurgery (ColoradoTNClinic.org) Dr. Prall and the office are great - very knowlegeable and kind/caring. I am one of their younger patients and a very rare case. I had MVD and was instantly relieved, Dr. Prall did it. It worked for two years and they were the best years of my life. Unfortunately my TN came back and I had Gamma Knife, again through Dr. Prall. He is a great doctor and knows his stuff when it comes to TN and really looks at your individual case and lays out the best options in general terms. I give him a thumbs up.

Dr. Prall's name was mentioned by an individual we contacted on the support network. Good to hear positive comments. Our primary neurologist in Fort Collins did not know him however.

Our neurologist did refer us to Dr. Breeze....just so difficult to know what to do right now. still waiting to hear if Cyperknife is an option from yet another neurosurgeon.

We have contacted both doctors for appointments, just have to leave a message and hope for a return call.

Thanks for the doctors’ names. We are just getting started in Colorado.

jeanne_b,

how is your daughter doing? My husband had gamma knife 1.5 years ago (Dr. Prall).