Location of pain

I read about so many that have pain in their lower & upper jaw. Is there anyone here that has had the pain start out around the eye & temple? I woke with a red bulge on the eye & massive headaches that started this whole ordeal.

I havent had the pain in the eye like you, but my eyes have been bloodshot every since this started and my contacts lenses are driving me nuts, wish i could add more

Thanks I'm finding not as many people have the eye pain as often ... Bloodshot I'm used to as well, I do good to wear my glasses many days.

I've had the feeling of pins and needles in the corners of my eyes. It varies and there doesn't seem rhyme or reason as it happens from time to time and I'm not sure why. My eyelids often feel heavy as well, I think because my medications make me very drowsy. The pain travels all over my face continuously, but mostly on the right side.

I feel for you Pierrette, I understand the needles in the corners, those I get often. The medications make most people I've talked to drowsy, I'm usually in bed when I'm home. I'm hoping to find some relief from the headaches next month with the nerve block but its a small hope as I've read several people that have had it and it was short lived.

My pain doesn't stay in any one place/side, but I frequently have it in and above my eyes. It's not like needles as some of you described - it stays like the rest of the pain in my face and is very precise and extremely sharp.

When my TN first started it started just under my right eye, and it was triggered by wind. Now after long remission it is in my ear, cheek and teeth, jaw area.

I have pain in my right eye socket and behind my right eye. It feels like a sudden very intense toothache that comes and goes. I had wondered if my doctor had gotten my dx wrong. Now, I'm starting to have other symptoms so perhaps he was correct.

My pain started out behind my eye and it felt like somebody was constantly stabbing me with an ice pick along with a horrible ache behind the same eye. I went to the eye dr. a few times thinking it was eye problems. Fast forward a couple of months and the pain moved to my cheek and then my jaw area. This is when I was diagnosed.

Have you seen a neurologist?

I saw a neurologist a couple weeks ago. My PCP suspected TN and the neurologist confirmed. It appears to be idiopathic.

I did the eye doctor thing too. He was clueless.

As sorry as I am to hear the anyone has eye pain it's nice to know I'm headed in the right direction. I posted a thread called I'm New yesterday in which I questioned my dx.

Nancy said:

My pain started out behind my eye and it felt like somebody was constantly stabbing me with an ice pick along with a horrible ache behind the same eye. I went to the eye dr. a few times thinking it was eye problems. Fast forward a couple of months and the pain moved to my cheek and then my jaw area. This is when I was diagnosed.

Have you seen a neurologist?

I get severe migraines behind my left eye and the eyebrow bone. It's the opposite side of my TNP, but I often wonder if it is TN and not a migraine. However I get the nausea associated with migraines, so we still think it's migraines. I take Maxalt (a triptan, like immitrex) and it is very effective.

Funny, I am the same just opposite sides. I get migraines on my right side/eye and it’s the opposite of my tn side. I take Maxalt as well.

crystalv said:

I get severe migraines behind my left eye and the eyebrow bone. It's the opposite side of my TNP, but I often wonder if it is TN and not a migraine. However I get the nausea associated with migraines, so we still think it's migraines. I take Maxalt (a triptan, like immitrex) and it is very effective.