I Drove....a car....today

That's right, I drove my car today. Its been 3 1/2 weeks since I've driven. After a great conversation (via Facebook chat) with a great friend/co-worker yesterday, I decided, perhaps it was time. Time for me to go out and explore the world a little. I've been sitting on my couch or lying in bed for 3 1/2 weeks in pain & agony. I missed out on my kids first day of school photos, (in fact I missed the first 4 days of this school year). I've missed football practices, games, volleyball games, watching my daughter cheer at the football games, church, everything. I've missed the last most beautiful days of summer, boating, sunning & being with my family.

It's time for that to change. My pain is getting better. Slightly better than the last few days. Which is a big improvement, when you have TN. Maybe, I should just get in my car and get back to life. Yes, it will be different, and I won't be the "loud mom" in the stands like I've been known to be in the past, cheering on my kids & their friends. But perhaps, I can just be the "proud mom with TN" in the stands who is fortunate enough to go to a game now & then. So, after my conversation with my pal, I decided a couple times a week, I'm gonna do SOMETHING.

Today, I drove the car to the store where I work. I sat in a chair and "visited" with my boss. It was really nice. & I even said, I wanted to go back to work next week for a few hours at a time. I honestly haven't been there so long, I miss work. I miss my co-workers, our laughter & inside jokes. :) Gosh, I miss them. Tomorrow, I MIGHT go to a volleyball game, depending on how I feel. Of course, every day, every hour will be different. If I'm feeling well enough around 4 pm tomorrow, I might just go to a volleyball game. Friday is our high school homecoming, and my daughter is varsity cheerleader! Friday, if I'm feeling well enough around 7 pm, I just might go to the football game...for a little while anyway. I'll take my camera and capture the memories, I'm missing out on on this old couch.

With that being said, if you are reading this and are a family member, friend, acquaintance, and I don't physically SPEAK OUT LOUD to you, please don't take it personally. Speaking is a trigger of my TN Pain. So, I just won't talk to you. I promise to try and smile, and wave, but probably not talk so much.

My TN Friends need your prayers. I have my local prayer warriors & my Facebook ones as well. I have a slew of friends I've met thru social media who have TN. They are all fighting a different battle. Every one is different. Please pray for their relief of pain and that they feel God's presence.

And today, such a historic day, don't ever take one day for granted. Tomorrow may not be here.

Always remember 9-11.

Love & Prayers-

Robbie, The Proud quiet mom with TN