Deafness/No help again

I have been really unwell over the last 7 weeks. Woke up one morning in agony with pains at the back and on top of my head and deaf in my right ear. My ATN is on the right side. My ear keeps popping and cracking and although has improved slightly I still cant hear properly. I have seen my GP and tried the hospital who have both said must be the neuralgia and left me to get on with it. I am feeling so ill and am losing weight as I feel so sick. Im pretty sure neuralgia doesnt cause these symptoms but any advice or suggestions would be welcome. My own doctor said he cant see in my ear and sent me to have it syringed but the nurse said she cant as there is hardly any wax. So Im left in limbo

Thank you all

Steph xxx

Steph,

Could you have an inner ear infection? Maybe a visit to an ENT would be a good plan. I just got over an ear & sinus infection and had the popping, pain & deafness. They gave me a lot of antibiotics & steroid shot, but it still took almost two weeks to rebound. Even my neck was stiff and painful down to my shoulder.

Hope you feel better real quick.

I am sorry you are in such a bad way. Although I am unable to offer a solution as I have similar symptoms myself which I have had little help with, I would like to advise you that the nurse I saw at the hospital said ATN patients should never have their ears syringed. I know you are not having that done just now, but for future purposes. You should ask for vacuuming. I had mine syringed twice last summer and then proceeded to suffer acute pain for many months.

I should return to your GP and beg for his help, hope you find some relief soon xx