Cold weather triggering facial spasm and severe headaches..help!

Having a horrible pain flair triggered by cold weather..feel like giving up.Is this really my life? Tired of fighting pain constantly. I guess Im feeling sorry for myself today. Need some encouragement from others who understand. My surgery was in 2006.

Hello. I understand!!! Cold air/breezes triggers terrible teeth, jaw and cheek pain. I try to avoid wind. I just got a prescription for lidocaine oral solution and it really helps the tooth pain.

I hope you can find what works for you. Have you tried wearing a scarf?

Sorry to hear you are in pain, the cold weather can be horrible. Not sure that i have any answers but wanted to let you know that I can relate to how you are feeling.

Have you seen your neurologist over the winter? Maybe some tweaking of your medications might help, my family doctor rings the neurologist if I need help in between appointments.

I'm in Australia so i am really enjoying the warm sunny days, trying not to think about the arrival of the cold weather as last winter was tough. Hang in there and be kind to yourself, you deserve some TLC.

I am sending you a big healing hug.

Trish

I feel like giving up. Just had 2nd gamma knife. This weather is killing me. My face is swollen from gamma knife. Just called neuro to ask for Vicodin. Haven't heard back. I already take gabapentin and trileptal. No new ideas for you. I believe in medicating when necessary. Just wanted to wish you well. I don't have to go outside for the weather change to affect me.

thanks for the support..I have been resting all day and trying to be gentle with myself. I will definitely go to my neurologist and discuss options. I guess I was just feeling deflated because I had a few good weeks without severe pain and was quickly reminded of my challenges. I value this community so much

Thank you Trish...Im jealous of your sunshine. Ohio is freezing

Trish said:

Sorry to hear you are in pain, the cold weather can be horrible. Not sure that i have any answers but wanted to let you know that I can relate to how you are feeling.

Have you seen your neurologist over the winter? Maybe some tweaking of your medications might help, my family doctor rings the neurologist if I need help in between appointments.

I'm in Australia so i am really enjoying the warm sunny days, trying not to think about the arrival of the cold weather as last winter was tough. Hang in there and be kind to yourself, you deserve some TLC.

I am sending you a big healing hug.

Trish

hank youYes I cover up with a scarf..but so far has not made much difference. thank you for your support

Kim said:

Hello. I understand!!!!!! Cold air/breezes triggers terrible teeth, jaw and cheek pain. I try to avoid wind. I just got a prescription for lidocaine oral solution and it really helps the tooth pain.

Hi there, So sorry to read about your pain. Just wanted to let you know I'm right there with you, the cold weather and wind is making life miserable. Kim's suggestion about a scarf, I rely on a heavy scarf all the time now. I don't go anywhere without it. I wrap it around my face, it does help some. When I'm home I use a heating pad on the right side of my face, it helps with the aching.

Being in pain is exhausting as well as emotionally draining and you have every right to feel sorry for yourself! Hope you feel better very soon.

Don't give up my friend..we will get through this together. I also have pain daily despite the cold but ths current pain flair was definitely triggered by these sub zero temps in Ohio

I feel like giving up. Just had 2nd gamma knife. This weather is killing me. My face is swollen from gamma knife. Just called neuro to ask for Vicodin. Haven't heard back. I already take gabapentin and trileptal. No new ideas for you. I believe in medicating when necessary. Just wanted to wish you well. I don't have to go outside for the weather change to affect me.

I will try the heating pad,maybe it will help. Im willing to try anything at this point. I havnt had a day without pain since my surgery but I have become better at managing it on a day to days basis . . Right now is one of those times when you question in your heart how you will ever be able to keep going. The cold winter wind is like kryptonite to me and Im frustrated. Im always sorry to hear that someone else has to suffer the same way I do... but its comforting to know Im not alone and someone understands and .Thank you

Obsidian said:

Hi there, So sorry to read about your pain. Just wanted to let you know I'm right there with you, the cold weather and wind is making life miserable. Kim's suggestion about a scarf, I rely on a heavy scarf all the time now. I d theon't go anywhere without it. I wrap it around my face, it does help some. When I'm home I use a heating pad on the right side of my face, it helps with the aching.

Being in pain is exhausting as well as emotionally draining and you have every right to feel sorry for yourself! Hope you feel better very soon.

Thank you for understanding..its amazing how similar your pain sounds to mine. Yes I use a scarf.

Kim said:

Hello. I understand!!!!!! Cold air/breezes triggers terrible teeth, jaw and cheek pain. I try to avoid wind. I just got a prescription for lidocaine oral solution and it really helps the tooth pain.