Botox for TN

Has anyone tried Botox injections for TN? I am going to a neurosurgeon who works with a plastic curgeon, he suggested that is what may be next. I also had him fix a deviated septum and a turbanectomy. This has cleared my migraines which I have suffered with since elementray school. He also said there were a couple more things he wanted to try in the nasal area, but please forgive me I can’t remember what they are. Will try and update on procedures on Wed. evening.

i think it has helped but insureance is fighting the payment of it. of course. wouldn’t want anyone to be pain free on their cost. am going to fight though. has pushed the pain to a central location. so i would suggest it. now just have to fight to get more injections. take care and happy holidays…tami

my other neuro suggested it. But I haven’t tried it. That was when my pain was controlled with a low dose medicine. Since then I went out of control and have had MVD surgery.

Botox for TN?.. Great!.. I should ask my reconstructive plastic surgeon and my neurosurgeon. I’ve heard about botox for migraines. Thank you for reminding me. Now I can check with my doctors about this and see what happens…

Does chewing alot trigger pain for you? I made the mistake of trying to enjoy a pastrami sandwich yesterday and last night I had sensitive and major pain like a toothache in my upper teeth!! I put a hot pack on my face and took meds. and about 2-3 hours later it finally stopped. I am ready to lose my mind! I need to look into botox.

Liz K. said:

my other neuro suggested it. But I haven’t tried it. That was when my pain was controlled with a low dose medicine. Since then I went out of control and have had MVD surgery.

no longer thinking botox. I am looking into MVD surgery.