Bell's Palsy and TN2

Has anyone here had Bell’s Palsy before having TN? I’m currently dealing with my 5th episode of BP. I was actually diagnosed with TN about 4 years ago when I went to the doctor thinking I was beginning another BP episode. The pain was very similar just no paralysis. My doctor thinks my BP is triggered by a virus because multiple MRI’s have not shown any other cause like tumors, structural issues, etc. My thought is that if a virus can infect the 7th cranial nerve and cause BP, it could also infect the trigeminal nerve and cause damage that results in the constant pain I’m having with TN2. Just curious if anyone out there has ever had a similar experience or has any thoughts on the matter. Wishing everyone a productive and pain free day!! :relaxed:

I was diagnosed originally with Bell’s palsy 15 years ago which was found three years later to be multiple sclerosis. I’ve had no similar symptoms of Bell’s Palsy sense and I’ve been dealing with multiple sclerosis sense. I was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia almost 2 years ago and have been dealing with minor shocks and one major symptom sense… It seems nothing is related to Bell’s palsy