Bells Palsy and TN

So-- glad to find a spot to ask questions of people that understand via experience what a diagnosis of TN may be experiencing. I am still by comparison new on this journey and it all started with a text book encounter with moderate Bells Palsy. along with the pain. Do folks know if this is common? Is TN the correct diagnosis for the unrelenting pain? that changes character seeming every few hours, just do not know or understand and my Family doctor has quickly run out of ideas and seems to be at a loss of how to get this resolved. many questions for any willing to listen

thanks

D-

Put bells palsy in search box!

Look at doctors tab and find a neurologist that TREATS TN

Even if you have to drive further than your own town!

Get the book

Striking Back by

Dr, Ken Casey

you need to learn, ask, read, repeat

To find YOUR best options

We are rare!

Thanks for the lead on other discusions i hadn't seen the search window before. but from what i gather having bells palsy and TN onsett at the same time is not common among folks with TN, so it begs the question if i have TN or jst resulting pain from the BP. but my doc said bells palsy is not normally a painful condition which i can attest is wrong.. .

i have been trying to find a nuerologist and found some names on the doctors list i plan to call on mon. hopfully tbey can figure out exactly whats going on so i know what i am on for pain wise, just FYI i currently experiance dull constant pain with episodes of tingling/ shocks on the left side on my face . loud and mixed sounds tends to trigger increased pain. currently on lyrica,75 *3 neproxen 500*2, and oxydodone 10*4. which seems to work 60-80%of the time holding pain to a 3 level and beloq.

are there definitve tests to determine if i have tn or pain from bells palsy? or is it irrelivent pain is pain and the road ahead will be the same in length and challenges either way.

thanks sorry for the vent--- an typos
Kc Dancer Kc said:

Put bells palsy in search box!

Look at doctors tab and find a neurologist that TREATS TN
Even if you have to drive further than your own town!

Get the book

Striking Back by
Dr, Ken Casey

you need to learn, ask, read, repeat
To find YOUR best options

We are rare!

While you are in pain…call primary and ask for lidocaine cream to be called in!