Acupuncture

Can anyone help, or has any advice, or experience regarding Acupuncture?
I wrote to our local newspaper, talking about TN, and a lady wrote back to me, saying she was cured of TN by two treatments of acupuncture… Apparently she had suffered TN for 3 weeks? I am sceptical, I can’t believe it was that easy, or maybe she didn’t have TN?
She gave me the name of the Acupuncturist, BUT, more needles? I don’t think so? Could it make my already severe pains worse? Am I better off just doing what I’m doing?
Any help would be appreciated, hugs to you all Anne

I went to see an acupuncturist for about 2 years. While he helped a good bit with other issues and I generally felt better after an appointment it did not really do much as far as pain relief for my TN. I know it has helped others, but it is the type of thing that generally requires frequent treatments to get any benefits from.Having only had TN for 3 weeks and then being "cured" makes me think that perhaps she may have had a viral infection or something else and not actually TN.

Hi Anne,

My experience with acupuncture meshes with the experience described by Brian. I only went twice a week for 6 weeks, until my health insurance ran out for that treatment option. In addition to the acupuncture treatment, the provider gave me herbal pills he said would help the pain. While I felt more at peace following each treatment session, my relative pain levels were not any different either before and after a session or after a cumulative period of time. I really, really wanted it to work, but alas, it was not to be.

Hope this helps! Melanie