WOW - here is my #1 Group!

If I had a dollar for every posting where I mention lidocaine patches - I could go on a cruise with it!

The patches are more expensive than the cream - but you can cut each one into 3-5 little patches.

I'm sooooo glad this is getting more attention - there are so many members who join this site in Immediate and Present terrible pain.

Topicals can work so much faster than other things

I think we should all remember to make sure that it is tried on the hand or some other part of the body first - a few here have had their face get a rash.

Although since MVD I currently have no pain -- I've used lidocaine on my leg which has a weird nerve thing going on - and it works!

Hi, are you stil pain free KC Dancer? Wasn't it Dr. C who did your surgery? Do you know if he does type 2? As soon as I get over this jaw surgery, I'm going after the MVD as I've been told I have bilateral (type 2) compressions where the cerebellar artery is contacting the TN nerves. But my teeth are affected and this seems to be the most bothersome pain. I can't chew, talk, etc because the pain is so debilitating. Most days I'm in my pajamas only. I tried to return to work but it was a failed attempt after a 6 week try. I miss my job but simply cannot do it right now. Anyway, I am looking for a doc who does type 2 MVD surgeries. Many do only type 1. Thanks for your input and lips on lidocaine patches. My doc actually had me wear these on the outside of my face but it was hilarious looking and it didn't work but for about 30 min and the expense was not worth the 30 minutes. So, I'm interested in this Chinese medicine someone mentioned as well as the gel/cream compound that you wear in splints. My doc is willing to write the script if he can get the exact ingredients and the base carrier so he can tell the compound pharmacist how to write the script. Thanks so much for letting me know about Dr. C. Take care. Hope your leg gets better soon! Tinkerbell