Waking up these days ecstatic!

I had TN 6 years ago, had an mvd february 2007.Pain free until February 2010, pain came back constantly everday with a vengeance.If I was not being zapped, I had background pain.I was on lidocaine patches, tramadol.pregabalin, and tegretol, diazepam and prozac.I slept 20 hours per day.My speech was muddled, foggy head etc.About a month ago I noticed I had no background pain.I cut down my meds pretty quickly over the next 3 weeks.I know this is stupid but I was so desperate to see if I was going to get zapped.Side effects of coming of meds were awful, rocking,restless legs.My doctor would have been horrified.But I was so elated at waking up, and losing my appetite for carbs, I kept going.I have been on no medication for the last week, and I have had no pain at all for the past 4 weeks.No explanation,I have done nothing different.My husband and i were never out in the cold, heat, night time, morning as it either triggered an attack or i was comatose.No holiday since late 2009.I am taking one day at a time, bouncing around hyper.Forgot people got up in the morning and stayed up until late at night.Going on holiday ASAP.

My husband kept giving me my meds and I would slip them in my pocket, and was still slightly dozy for a few weeks until the meds came out my system.When I broke the good news to him last Friday, he said" You mean I have been collecting your pills from the pharmacy for nothing!"

He then burst into tears with me!

I do not know how long I will be like this, hoping for the best, I have lost 3 years of my life, my balance , caused by the MVD, and hearing in one ear.But I am celebrating, and hope this happens to all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!

So pleased for you xx

So awesome! Enjoy every moment! Thanks for sharing!

I am so happy for you!!!! I cannot remember what it is like to not have this pain. Thanks for sharing ! It is nice to hear good news on here every once in a while!

I rejoice with you. It is wonderful to read about your journey and to know that you are experiencing pain free days. God bless you and may your remission continue. I'm on day 6 of my no pain days and still can't believe it has happened for me. We all share your joy! Please keep posting to let us know how you are doing. We are so glad to have you back.

Jacqueline, how incredible! that's huge happy news! Hope it lasts forever, I'm very happy for you :)

That's great news, very happy for you!

I am overjoyed that your pain is in remission, enjoy every second!

On a note of caution, if anyone else is tempted to come straight off meds please consult your Dr, the outcome could give you more problems than you face now, epilepsy being one of them. We may not all be as lucky as Jacqueline.

How wonderful, keeping my fingers crossed that you stay pain free.

Hugs
Trish

Jacqueline, I'm very happy for you, hope you'll stay pain-free forever! Thank you for sharing your wonderful news with the rest of us -- it gives us hope:)

Take care,

Oldriska

i realise that, it was silly, and i did suffer the consequences.After I had the MVD, the surgeon let me stop the tegretol immediately.I did not suffer side effects so I suppose I thought I could try again, although I was on a lower dose.I cut down the Lyrica very slowly, in fact I was taking 50mg up until lately.

Jackie said:

On a note of caution, if anyone else is tempted to come straight off meds please consult your Dr, the outcome could give you more problems than you face now, epilepsy being one of them. We may not all be as lucky as Jacqueline.

Jacqueline, I did not mean it as a criticism, at all! I am happy for you. Just concerned it may incite someone to give up their meds without A Dr's help. I know you as a responsible person who would not want that. You had previous experience top go on and, as you say, you did suffer.

A Dr once took me straight off Gabapentin and put me on full dose Tegretol, I was sooooo ill. I sympathize with what you endured as I have shared something similar :-)

Jacqueline Cook said:

i realise that, it was silly, and i did suffer the consequences.After I had the MVD, the surgeon let me stop the tegretol immediately.I did not suffer side effects so I suppose I thought I could try again, although I was on a lower dose.I cut down the Lyrica very slowly, in fact I was taking 50mg up until lately.

Jackie said: