MVD 9 days post op

I had my MVD last Wednesday with Dr Casey. I will be honest at the beginning I wished I had not done it. I had nausea and vomiting, I couldn't focus my eyes on anything, I could not sleep more than 30 minutes at a time. It was horrible for me. I was released on Friday and we had to travel 4 hours home. I thought once I got home it would get better. It didn't. Finally on Tuesday I talked with the Dr and they switched my meds around. At that point I had not slept for 36 hours. I was still having tn pain and really regretting this. I made a complete turn around in the last 2 days. I have finally slept and starting to eat and keep it down. My tn pain still comes and goes but not like it was. Today is the first day I feel like myself. I even went for a little walk!! I am thinking more positive now. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. I just wanted to give an update since I can finally look at a computer!!

Glad you turned the corner! I had my second MVD ( different side than the first) on the 14th, and I actually felt better the first week following the procedure than the second week. I had terrible headaches, and was really weak and tired up until yesterday. I know the healing takes awhile, but I tend to get impatient! My TN pain has been very quiet, and I have started to slowly taper off the neurontin.
I hope you continue to heal and get stronger!

Takes a whole year to heal! Keep us posted!

Awesome!Soon you will be 0 pain and no more meds!!