Trileptal or Tegretol?

I have heard about this med via a neuro, as being used instead of tegretol. I know the compound is similar but I haven't heard of very many people on it. I doubt that I will be able to tolerate either since I suffer paradoxical reaction, but I may have to at least try since my TN pain is increasing at an alarming rate. I am already on high doses of baclofen and sprix. My ENT confirmed the TN dx today (that makes eight docs, so I'd say it's confirmed by now and should suffice my upcoming Mayo apt.) My pain is in ear, throat, tongue, nose, and all three nerve brances... ugh!

Thanks for any input.

I used it with great results, worked up to 450mg p/day and had no break through pain. Unfortunately it lowered the sodium levels in my blood so nuero took me off it. :(

I am doing well on trileptil but it's really too early to tell. From what I understand it is in the same class as Tegretol but with fewer side effects and easier to be on.

I am on Trileptol & was told it is a newer generation of tegretol . It has lowered my sodium especially on hot eeather( live in Arizona & hot summers!). Worked well & drink lots of water to avoid dehydration. Taking 300 mg

I couldn’t function on tegretol and switched to trileptil about a month ago, finding it a much better option for me. The pain is reducing and cognitively I am doing much better.

For me the trileptil is much more expensive but I guess it would depend on where you live and your health system. Previously I had tried lyrica but it was less effective for me than both the tegretol and trileptil.

Good luck finding medication that works for you.