Topical Compounds

This is the first time I am posting to this forum, so this subject may have been discussed several times. Since I was originally diagnosed by an oral surgeon who now specializes in facial pain, he prescribed a topical compound that I
apply to my gums in the area of my pain. This generally relieves just about all the pain. The compound consists of a neuropathic, lidocaine and three other components.

In addition I take neuropathic medication internally.This is the first time I am posting to this forum, so this subject may have been discussed several times. Since I was originally diagnosed by an oral surgeon who now specializes in facial pain, he prescribed a topical compound that I
apply to my gums in the area of my pain. This generally relieves just about all the pain. The compound consists of a neuropathic, lidocaine and three other components.

In addition I take neuropathic medication internally.

With that said, I recently decided to go to a neurologist for a second opinion.
When I asked him about the oral medication, he didn’t seem to be familiar with that treatment. I was very surprised.

I have a feeling that the since the facial pain doctor has an oral background this was a normal first approach.

Would be interested in your feedback

Ron
Sent from my iPad

You can go to the groups tab here…there is a topical group! I’ve been on here for three years telling anyone who would listen…that RX lidocaine patches for my face, saved my life! used cream when going somewhere…never needed the lidocaine mouthwash…

There are people here, where none of it works…but yes for many. The compound you mention, is not mentioned here much… But have seen it helped in USA and UK people here.

Neurologist don’t usually specialize in TN…mine, is a epilepsy guy, but would ask me what I wanted to try next…hated meds…so I flew out of state and had MVD cranial surgery.

Most people wait till all else is exhausted, but I did it within year one of having TN.

this is my anniversary of second year of MVD, and have eventually found my way with no pain, No creams, patches or meds!

We are rare…having TN
and the best TN doctors are EVEN MORE rare!
… I am in remission, because nothing is a cure.

I’m glad you got something that is helpful to you!