Tommorow the day

Well having the MVD tommorow. I've heard nothing but horror stories, Lost hearing, other pain, numbness etc I have to try my surgeon says that I am a good candidate and he thinks it will go well He says he has a good success rate with very few hearing losses like two You see i am almost deaf in the other ear Losing hearing with leave me totally deaf. I would rather be that then live in this torturous hell I can't live like this anymore, it's agonizing My other doctor gave me a max dose and i wound up in a hospital room with a crash cart No meds work anymore, but he wouldn't even discuss surgery. I had to go to another doctor from my primary and they were both shocked he let me go this far with out surgery. I am grateful to this site you all have helped me through some dark times I wont say it gives me comfort is sharing our suffering as i want no one to suffer this hell, but it gives me comfort to know others know my pain and don't think it's in my head or not that bad. I will come back to tell you all it worked for me so others are so scared

I hope your surgery goes well...Best of luck...

Good luck Sluggo, I am 75% deaf in both ears and had my MVD 4 weeks ago, like you I knew the small risk of complete deafness but couldn’t stand living with the TN pain any longer. Glad to report that my hearing level is the same and no TN pain!

Thoughts and prayers will go out to you tomorrow!

Good luck Sluggo. My hearing is the same following the MVD as it was before and I hope you do as well as I.

Yes keep us posted - I knowwwww you have been like I was -- a big ball of "NERVES" --- you deserve a couple of weeks of rest now!

Good luck Sluggo, hope all goes well for you today! xx

Keep Us Posted PLEASE!!!

I am going to have my MVD on the 27th.

Thanks

SMASH

I wish I had read this the day you wrote it as I would have liked to give you some good news regarding the surgery. I had MVD surgery on March 12th and I am pain free and completely off meds. I have no side effects other than a little scalp numbness where the incision was made. I am THRILLED with the results and would recommend this surgery to anyone who is suffering. My surgeon is Dr. Michael Lim at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD. He and his team are FANTASTIC! I hope your surgery went well and please know that after about 2 weeks, you will feel like a new person. Healing isn't fun, but it's much less painful than what we have all been through. Small price to pay for sure :) Hope to hear all is well. Take care!

Praying all went well;)

Let us know how you are doing!

Good luck to you smash!

smashagnome said:

Keep Us Posted PLEASE!!!

I am going to have my MVD on the 27th.

Thanks

SMASH

Sluggo, I wish so much that I had been on here Sunday when you wrote this. I have faith that you will do fine! Keep us posted when you feel up to it or have someone else log in for you and tell us. Lots of prayers and love sent your way.

All the very best for a super result. Don't forget, for obvious and understandable reasons, we hear more about failures than successes. But you most likely will do well.

Hi,

I replied to you on another discussion, but will reply on this one as well. I am scheduled for my MVD on March 21, 2014 with Dr. Lim. I am anxious and scared to have it done. Your comments have been extremely helpful. How long were you off work before you were able to return?

Linda

jyoung said:

I wish I had read this the day you wrote it as I would have liked to give you some good news regarding the surgery. I had MVD surgery on March 12th and I am pain free and completely off meds. I have no side effects other than a little scalp numbness where the incision was made. I am THRILLED with the results and would recommend this surgery to anyone who is suffering. My surgeon is Dr. Michael Lim at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD. He and his team are FANTASTIC! I hope your surgery went well and please know that after about 2 weeks, you will feel like a new person. Healing isn't fun, but it's much less painful than what we have all been through. Small price to pay for sure :) Hope to hear all is well. Take care!