TN or ATN

I’ve had TN for 5 years now. I’ve had bad flares from time to time but nothing like I’ve been having the last few weeks. When I have an attack it literally feels like a hammer being driven through my teeth. Also starting at my cheek to my temple I feel like it’s on fire. The whole attack kinda pulsates in the best way I can describe it. For the last few days when I get an attack it will last between 20 mins to an hour and suddenly the pain leaves. Then in a couple of hrs it hits again. I’m just not sure if this classical or atypical TN.

You know what? I don't think there's any two of us on here with ATN have have all our symptoms the same! It could well be, I can certainly relate to the teeth thing and the aching coming in waves. Plus a host of other things! I have periods of TN as well, luckily not for a while now. See what others say though. Have fun!!

Hello. I have ATN…or what the new diagnosis is now TN type 2b…which means I have constant TN all the 5ike and also attacks all the time…and b means I have it in all of the 3 branches on my left side. Everyone on thjs site is willing to help anyone at all who has questions or needs advice. I would be more than happy to try and help you if you would like me to.
i hope you have some relief sometime today. We will take a decent day with it being bearable… that sound so good to all doesn’t it ?

Hi Amynay! Do you still have attacks all the time after your nerve being cut? Didn't your pain change at all? I'm going to go for this procedure. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks!

Ann