Tn day?

So I just learned it’s world fibromyalgia day tomorrow and that makes me wonder, do we have a day for Atn and Tn? If not, why not?? I think it’s time we get ourselves a day, this disease needs to be wider recognized also, I’d never heard of it until I’d got it and no one in my life knows a thing about it! Let’s get some awareness out there!!

We probably should.!!!

I agree that it would make our lives easier if people were aware of the disease and realize that it is not just 'some pain in the face'. When women are in public and have a head piece covering their bald head, you assume cancer. When we walk around with a scarf around our face and toque on in the middle of spring, people do not know what to think of us.

I agree. I never heard of it and now that I have no one understands it!! It would help if there was more awareness, maybe people would understand the pain we really suffer each day.

i read a post on here the other day where a person mentioned she carries a card that alerts people that she has TN ... i was thinking about making up some cards for myself ... i am sorry, i dont remember the womans name who has the card ... i do recall that she resides in the UK ... i am currently on hydrocodone and my memory is kind of fuzzy at the moment ... i agree with the group ... 60 minutes, or 20/20, or 48 hours should talk about the subject ... i wonder how one would go about bringing this into the spot light ...

the people who prepped me for my gamma knife didnt know about TN ... as a matter of fact, they thought i had cancer/tumor ... for some reason there was an oncologist involved ... heck, i wish more of the medical community knew about this condition

Well how about May 9th. We could just declare it ourselves!!!!! What say you alll???

Im all for it! May 9th is my bday. No more apprpriate for me. In all seiousness though. I deal ith people face to face all day when the pain hits, ive got to have an explanation which never seems to justify tn. Awarness is what we all need!