So many questions

Trigeminal Neuropathic Pain (TNP): facial pain resulting from unintentional injury to the trigeminal system from facial trauma, oral surgery, ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery, root injury from posterior fossa or skull base surgery, stroke, etc. This pain is described as dull, burning, or boring and is usually constant because the injured nerve spontaneously sends impulses to the brain. The injured nerve is also hypersensitive to stimulation, so attacks of sharp pain can also be present. The area which is sensitive to touch and triggers these sharp attacks is the same area where the pain occurs. Numbness and tingling are also signs of a damaged nerve.

Sorry I’m so happy to find others that feel my pain.

The above is me all me… Anyone else have this from trauma? I broke my jaw in 3 places causing my TN.
I have a spinal cord stimulator in my head and face??? I haven’t seen that anyone else has gone down this path? I know it’s in trial phases and wondered if that’s why? I was hoping to find someone that had one.

Hi Stephanie
I had a nerve stimulator implanted in August to manage my ATN pain, after MVD failed to relieve the constant burning, boring pain. The battery is in my chest, and I have one lead that goes to my face, and the other to my scalp and forehead. I am very happy with mine, and hope yours is helping you.
Christine

I also love mine. The burning is sooo much better. I just seem to have really crapy days. I don’t have as many and I am still on my meds which I was hoping to get off of.
It sounds like we have ours placed in the same ereaa.