Seasonal remissions

How many out they’re experience seasonal remissions? I typically only have problems and severe pain in the spring & fall. So i Assn looking forward to a few good months. But i am wondering if anyone knows why this is? For years i was misdiagnosed with sinus and allergy problems because of this timing and it does coincide with my wife’s seasonal allergies. Does everyone have these type of remissions?

This will be my first summer with TN. Well, I was having some stabs, then it went full blown electrical shocks in August and that's when I was diagnosed. I am curious to see what this summer brings.

This is part of the reason it took 20 years to diagnose this. I feel bad, lot's of pain, go to see my doctor....by the time the tests and such get rolling I feel better and well, who wants to go to the doctor when they feel good? This time I am staying with it but I am unsure of my neurologist. I get the impression she thinks a lot of it is in my head. Is that possible?So many things make sense now that I read others experiences with this disease, stuff I never even realized was connected.

Hi Everyone,

I have experienced remissions and it is weird, but sometimes it's like someone pulled a switch and suddenly the pain is gone.

I experienced this for two beautiful years from the beginning of 1994 through 1996. Only thing is when the pain came back, it came back worse than ever.

I have always questioned whether it was the fact that I was working out so hard which improved the TN, or were there other factors which I haven't picked up on ?

- and like many of you out there, my story was questioned by many doctors out there, including the dear old doctor I saw one day when I was in aabsolute agony and he asked: "My Dear, how often do you get these episodes?"

"Episodes"??? :)

Best,

CH

Hi Brian

I do much better in the late spring and early fall. Cold is brutal. Hot really dry lethal as well. Warmish and humid the best. Also, in late summer there is just too much light, and it drives me into dark rooms…which seems unbelievable in the dark of winter…

Hope you get a really long term remission.

Peace and happiness
Bellalarke