Relief for stabbing ear pain?

I see several posts regarding ear pain of many kinds, and even ringing (which I have also started to have). Has anyone found a way to relieve it? My neurologist says he has seen other TN patients with ear pain. It isn't in the text books but TN is it's own type of animal. He didn't have any suggestions other than my meds.

I have tried a lot of things, and here is what has helped me.

There is a drop you can get at a pharmacy, but you have to ask them for it. It's http://www.polysporin.ca/p-ear Just dont be using it if you have a hole or infection. (*again I'm no medical expert but this works a bit for me)

A heating pad or hot water bottle or if you are very sensitive you can get a small ice pack for kids *(called bo-bo buddies or something like that) and warm them up in warm - hot water, then wrap up in a face cloth.

As for the Tinitus *(ringing in the ear) I find that a shower is the best when you just can't take it any more. I like a radio on static and or a fan in the room for when I sleep.

In the winter here the cold wind is the absolute worst thing in the world for me. I wear a hat that covers my ears most of the time.

Hope this helps

Smash

Thanks Smash. I will check the drops out. I can’t believe I’ve never thought of them!

An app called simply noise. My favorite.

I saw an ENT this week to rule out anything other than TN for my ear pain, ringing and hearing loss. My hearing loss is only perceived. Likely due to pain and ringing. My hearing is actually extremely acute. Seems the only culprit is the TN. They did not offer any suggestions for pain. I seem to remember drops that I used for my children’s sore ears called Auralgan. Not sure if I got the spelling right. It came in a small bottle with a dropper. You warmed the bottle in some warm water and then put a few drops into the sore ear. Always helped them so I am game to try. Hope this gives you some ideas.

That’s funny you mentioned hearing loss. I have noticed that, too. I just thought it was from those teen years of having the music so loud in my car! Possibly there is a connection! Thanks everyone for the advice.