Ear Pain

Seems like a lot of these posts are really old, which seems to point out that it’s unusual…but I get ear pain…and my whole ear canal will “close off” …I’m super sensitive to live music, with bad acoustics…not so much vibration, but high tinny notes…earplugs help, but I usually just step out…

did you search ear or ear pain in the search box?

I hope you find some answers -- maybe unrelated and need an ENT???

Hi, look up "Hyperacusis " and see if that describes what your feeling!

I have bilateral TN, so i get breakthrough pain which includes pain in my ear like an icepick digging, stabbing, also sometimes just a constant pain.
Last fall I started experiencing vertigo and imbalance, I also developed Hyperacusis , a mild form, but it was hell nonetheless! My family almost had to switch to eating with plastic utensils!
High pitch tones were excruciating to my ears, talking on the phone, cutlery or plates slightly clanging, a sharp bark of my dog would set me off.
Luckily I am much better ( I think in part by not eliminating the noises, at first I avoided it at all cost, then I started listening and just dealing with it)
I still however have the vertigo and imbalance.

You can have Hyperacusis to varying degrees…ask for a consult with an ENT as well request a full hearing/audio test.
It might not be that, but before my getting it. I had never heard of it!
I never had tinnitus either.
Good luck,
Mimi

Thanks Mimi! I have seen 2 ENT’s…who both said I had stellar hearing…but I hear you (sorry for the pun)’ on the sharp noise thing…especially live music, or bad acoustics. It’s not the volume so much, but the tone…or reverb that kills me. Cymbals? Forget it!!! I’ll get vertiho in the shower sometimes…
~Here’s hope today, is a good one for you!

Most of my tn2 pain is ear pain. I feel like I have something really hot down in my ear. It burns, and itches sometimes. Isn't this a strange disorder?