Pain again

Hi all. Just want to whine. 9 months post mvd and all is fine (ish) with TN pain in jaw. Pain in right eye, eyelid and right temple all kinda new since mvd. Comes and goes but it’s very “there” today. Afraid of TN in that branch of the nerve.

Pierre I’ve thought of you often, wondering how you were doing. I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling pain again. I truly know how discouraging that can be. As my pain has progressed it has changed or I’ve felt pain in additional areas, even after MVD .
Have you spoken to your neurosurgeon? Sometimes a low dose anti convulsant can help to relieve the pain better after MVD, if you haven’t already done so call your neurologist as well and discuss this.
Thinking of you, sending positive thoughts.
Mimi

Thanks Mimi. I haven’t spoken to a Dr at all about it since I last saw the surgeon in November I think. Memory is still funny lol. He said I was fine and I guess he’s basically done with me. It’s probably fine anyway, just sort of sick of it and I’ve been under a lot of stress at work that may be aggravating it. I guess I thought it was over but there’s the eye pain and so many constant headaches. Your strength is inspiring Mimi

Hopefully it’s just stress aggravating the pain…it can take a full year or more for our nerve to heal after surgery…not unusual to feel pain etc throughout the year occasionally. If it does get worse talk to your neurologist, think positively!! Keep in touch!

Pierre. I understand your whining. As for me with our frigid winter weather my jaw is acting up and my teeth are doing some zinging. I also e peri ended some numbness on upper right lip. MVD Done 5 months ago to the date. I have been taking 200 mg of Carbamszepine once a day but now use 400 mg I hope this is temporary for the both of us as we had such hopes for being pain free
All the best and try to smile
Chippy

I use Homeopathic medicine and it helps me a lot!I would suggest Spigelia tor"5th nerve pain",Hylands Migraine for pulsing,bursting pain,and Boiron Sinusalia for possible sinus problems which can increase TN pain- I can't say if it will help you, but these are the things I try to aways keep on hand.Hope this helps!

I haven't spoken to the neurologist but pain in and around my eye is getting worse. Stabbing pins and nails type of sudden pain, sometimes unbearable heat ( so odd ). I've never had it in that branch so I guess it might be something else? I always thought that of tn though.