Numb/tingling lips

I know tingling lips are common for us but recently I started having a very strange symptom. My lips (entire mouth) have a numb/tingling feeling. This has lasted about a month now and when I mentioned to my neuro he said it could be from my tn. Have any of you heard of this?

I haven't been officially diagnosed with TN and it's been almost a year since my pain began. I have had tingling and also an electrical current (without pain) sensation on and around my lips at various times. I have not felt numb though. Fortunately for me,the tingling and current goes away. My symptoms change so frequently I never know what's going to happen next.

I hope you get some other responses to your question because I'm also interested in the answer. For me the tooth pain is scary and lidocaine mouth rinse does nothing to ease the needle-like jabs.

Yep. I have ATN and mouth numbness is my number 1 symptom. The roof of my mouth and the lips on the right hand side but sometimes it migrates to the left as well.

It is primarily on the outer edges of my lips. I have been having a lot of issues with my nerves, esp lately. Interesting that your tingling jumped sides.

It's funny that it jumps sides, for sure! I always start to panic and think "how the Hell am I going to cope if it's my whole mouth?" but it usually doesn't last more than a few hours and then settles back on the right.

I suspect mine might be autoimmune related as it just started and I have had tn for 3 yrs. but I know that feeling of slight panic that it might turn into bilateral. Coming here we know how much more frequently it becomes both sides.