New Update

Just wanting to update everyone on my situation and how things are going now. The pain today is at a big minim. Last night the pain actually moved to the right side of my head for about 30 minutes, is this typical or trigeminal neuralgia or atypical? Either way I am thanking God for the somewhat relief I am experiencing today. I tried three things yesterday and I'm not sure which helped, I went and got a massage and she stated that I was sore in all the places that indicate me grinding my teeth at night, so I bought a mouth guard and slept with it last night and I don't know if it helped or not, but lets just say I am not hurting as bad, also she rubbed many essential oils on my head, ones for pain and also cedar wood, she said this oil really helps with injured nerve endings. I left the massage feeling better than when I came in so that was a plus. I also used a TENS unit on my neck and also lower back, I had one from when I had shoulder surgery, my neurologist said I should try this and I only used it for 30 minutes and about an hour and a half after is when the pain move sides and eventually disappear. I also changed my dosage of tegretol from 100mg once a day to 100mg 3x a day to spread it out a little more. Like I said, I don't know what helped my pain, whether it was the mouth guard, the tens unit, the massage, or the changing the way I take the tegretol, but I am very grateful for it all. I was wondering if this could be some type of headache I am having instead of trigeminal neuralgia, because when the pain moved it felt identical to what was happening on the left side of my head. We will see with time I guess. Thanks for the support again from everybody on this website as I was near my breaking point with the pain a few days ago and now I actually see some relief. I do ask for your prayers that the pain stays away and I will in turn pray for everyone who is a member of this board. Thanks again!

So glad your feeling better, when I had Active TN (prior to surgery) I noticed the increase of meds really helped me, if you can handle sleeping with your mouth guard that helps too.I am just getting into essential oils and know that they do help, so I'm glad that is working for you. Hope the pain stays away!

I too have a mouth guard I am using and it seems to be helping. I am going to see my pain management dentist on Wednesday and get fitted with a proper night guard. I hear chiropractic adjustments and acupuncture helps along with essential oils Glad you are doing better.