MVD I am so afraid!

I am so afraid and I am having it done on March 16 th !

Hi Annie
I understand your fears! I had an MVD on either side in 2013; the right side in January, and the left side in October. Although it is not the easiet surgery, it was better than I expected! There are several of us on here that have had the procedure, so search the posts for success stories, and ask any questions. This is a very supportive group, and hopefully their experiences will help ease your mind.
Best of luck!
Christine

I applaud you for making the brave decision to have an MVD. I suffered with TN 1 symptoms for 9 long months before having my successful MVD. I decided to have the MVD at the 6 month mark and then just had to wait for the timing to be right (time to recover from surgery with a busy calendar and life). I'm now 17 months out from the surgery and am 100% pain free and med free. I'm sure you have done your extensive homework, like I did. Please have faith that you made the right decision and really the scariest part is over - having had to make the decision to have the surgery. I agree with Annie that the recovery was not as difficult as I had expected. After surviving TN pain for 9 months, the surgery recovery (without the TN pain) was honestly so much easier. I was fearful the days leading up to surgery but the day of surgery, I was actually excited. I will pray that you will find peace on your day too. Best to you!