Mvd scheduled

I now have my MVD scheduled for Feb. 12, and I am really scared. I know that this is probably the best thing for me. I have had TN for almost 8 years and it is time to get off all the meds. I am glad to hear that most people would do it again. I am planning for a long recovery and hoping that all will go well. Thanks for all of your support.

I just want to encourage you Debbie… because the time before my MVD was the most intensely terrifying time in my life. (I think it was good I was only actually scheduled for surgery for about 2 weeks)
But for me it has worked! And the fear before hand has been outweighed by the freedom after the surgery.
I am going to be praying that you have peace now and a good outcome (meaning no more TN)

God Bless you dear

Martha

Martha,
How long did it take you to recover from the surgery? I have heard everywhere from 2 weeks to 3 or 4 months. I am scared of the painful headaches when you first wakeup. Are the headaches worse than TN? Thank you for your prayers, please also pray for my husband. He has to deal with all of my stress and pain. God Bless

Hi Debbie,

Feb 12th seems a long time to have to wait. But I really hope all goes well. I was concerned about the recovery also but I was praying it would be worth it. My headache was not near as severe as migraines I’ve had. I went back to work in 3 weeks. But I was tired for some time probably about 3 months. But it was worth the pain relief. Although I still have pain, it doesn’t compare. And I’ve decreased one medicine and stopped one medicine. I am still taking the same amount of neurontin. Please post before the surgery and have someone keep us informed. Liz K.