Just venting

Hi everyone, I am usually so positive, always say hang on and keep on! But today is not one of those days! It is so often mentioned here, the frustration, anxiety, dreams of life before TN and what the future holds, I usually am really good at a day at a time, but todays attacks have been bad and get my head spinning which, of course, only makes it worse! Today was a dialysis day for hubby and those are rough and I have to be here to help him. Lifting his wheelchair is really tough on bad days, but no choice. I also have a PetFest event this weekend, I look forward to it all year, it is a blast. We have an area of old shops, like a town from the past, they close it all off and have vendors of pet things, rescues and areas to sit back and enjoy a good band and a drink with your dog...but my dogs need grooming and I can't do it, too much pain...frustration!!! Last week I had a glorious week with a rescue Great Pyr puppy, what fun and he was so shy and scared, but in only a week I trained him a lot and he became a new pup and has a new wonderful family, lol, that was a hard good bye, but what fostering is about, right! My Saint Bernards were great with him, but grin, don't seem to miss the little guy too much! Had a dog training session I had to cut short last night because of pain, darn, I tried to hang in there, luckily they understood and we will start again Thursday, TN willing. So see, I try to keep on and while my advice here is always be good to yourself I get frustrated thinking I should just keep on no matter how bad the pain, but as we all know sometimes you can't. When it comes to caring for my hubby, yes pain or not I must and dogs always spoiled, but want so bad to groom to perfection, but right side is bad side and that motion hurts. I have no insurance, keep uping Gabapentin but I get that from a Dr that is not a TN doc, blessed he writes me the script tho. Oragel keeps the mouth feeling at bay for just a little bit, but it is so icky, but anything right now. I guess just needed to vent to those that understand, I just am keeping the faith the best I can and maybe it will calm soon. I am way too energetic and as hubby says, a spaz, to have days I can't be productive, but is what it is. Thanks for listening (reading), feel free to cheer me up :)

Betsy in Houston

Hi Betsy! It is good to vent! Thanks for sharing with us. When my pain returns I let things just go peaceful and easy as possible with no extra demands. I start a simple gold star system. Gold star for getting out of bed, Gold star for drinking a glass of water. Gold star for drinking a smoothie. For some reason it makes me feel a little better, like a warm pat on the back. I also try to reduce everything possible that frustrates me. Little things. Good luck and hope a little relief flutters your way. Tina

Betsy,
No words just, (((( hugs )))).
Mimi xx

Hard to be positive every day with a disease like ours! I'm so glad you are able to keep a piece of the dog world in your pocket!