How is Fear part of your disease

when the attacks are bad , like now.. like knives in the cheeck... i get so scared... terrified.... sometimes i feel i have chills in the tooth .. goes all the way to the stomach..

when the pain is severe.. i get so afraid.. i am alone.. and to live like this .. and that the "big attack" wouldn't end. and that i don't have strengthe to live all day wishing for a big attack not to come. can't smile.. can't speak.

anyone have this Fear thing ? does the "pshyciatric" meds help with that ?

Nir, I believe many members find help with anti anxiety medication. A discussion with a Dr is a good way of finding out if anyone is a suitable candidate. Stress caused by this deep anxiety could, and I say could, be a contributory factor to the attacks of pain. In any case it will not help you to be fearful. I hope for better for you soon :slight_smile:

I have a huge problem with fear. I do take anti-anxiety meds and that does help somewhat. It's just a scary condition. When I have what I call a "scare flare", I just try to remind myself that tomorrow will be better, as it has in the past, and just hang tight and make it through. It's something I'm still working on.

I used to. Effexor has helped me..

thanks all. i know anti deprresant can REALLY help in that "fear factor" . just wanted to hear if anyone else had those at least in the beggining of the dieasese.

I was just diagnosed last week, and I am overwhelmed with fear.

I have been bed-ridden for the last week and I am so afraid that this is the end of my life.

I waited to go back to school until my children were older so that I could stay home with them and now I am afraid that I will never have the chance to finish college.

I had a severe attack all day yesterday and ended up in the ER.

I was so afraid that I asked them to admit me (which they didn't do.) to manage the pain.

They did send me home with better pain meds, but I am still afraid.

Fear. I understand your fear. You are certainly not alone with fear.

This board, in the last couple of days, has helped me to manage my fear though.

Maybe psych meds would be helpful to you. If they are, please let me know.

Hi NGT,

I (Type1 TN) just had to "chime-in" here... I too, get more agitated than fearful when battling this demonic TN facial pain. I really become very pi88ed-off!

My compliments on your clear logic...The vicious-cycle: >Sudden brutal pain from out of nowhere>anxiety>constant underlying agitation/stress>New Pain...

Take Care.

Blessings,

Rick

NGT said:

I always get agitated when I am ill or in pain, so I have been in quite a state at times with this!

I think extreme pain just causes such disorganized, chaotic thoughts and that in itself is distressing. It is literally "right in your face" and so distracting it gets hard to focus on anything else. It's hard to believe that you can be in so much pain and not be in mortal danger, because that's sure what it sometimes feels like.

I am a natural optimist but even I have become worn down by ATN. It is scary. It is anxiety-producing. Anxiety is stressful. Stress is a trigger. Ugh!