Has anybody tried any Herbal Treatments

http://trigeminalneuralgia.us/app/trigeminal-neuralgia-medicines.asp

http://www.biogetica.com/how-to-cure-trigeminal-neuralgia-with-natural-treatment

Has anybody tried any Herbal treatments as the ones in the websites above and if so, did they work or not. Thank you

No, I just take my own supplements. (mult-vitamin, magnesium, fish oil, and vinpocetine) and hope for the best...well, least til my next doctor appointment. =)

Hope you are able to find others who have used the herbal treatments from those websites.

Hi, Does that combination of Vitamins and herbs keep the pain under control?

It does help! Magnesium has been a big help, when it comes to pain control. The pain hasn't been as bad. I still struggle and avoid triggers (I will probably never get to enjoy a hot bath ever again...), but least it's less pain. Vinpocetine helps me seriously limit the amount of dizziness I have going on too. I had stopped taking Vinpocetine twice, and regretted it both times. First time, I ran out and wasn't gonna take it anymore (found out quickly how badly I need it. I was soo dizzy for a couple weeks til it came in the mail). Second time, I decided to not take my night-time meds for about a week (Big mistake..Been taking it for a few days, and it's helping big time with dizziness).

no not yet,but im going to have accupunture done in a couple of days, as it works on the nervous system and meridian lines i hear its very effective on TN

I tried taking magnesium and fish oil with D3, but did not take a multi vitamin, maybe that's why it did not work for me.

Before my TN started again in April this year, I had just started going to an Acupuncturist to see if it help me with my lower back pain and believe it or not, when I left the office the second time, I felt the TN starting up again. The reason for that is that the bed you lie on is warm and my TN flares up in heat, and I had to lie on my back for 20 minutes and that is a problem for me too.
Ever since the second flare up back in November 2011, I learned that when I lay on my back I get a flare up of TN. Unless they do something different from that, I don't believe accupucture would work for me, anyways.

Mitzi said:

I tried taking magnesium and fish oil with D3, but did not take a multi vitamin, maybe that's why it did not work for me.

Before my TN started again in April this year, I had just started going to an Acupuncturist to see if it help me with my lower back pain and believe it or not, when I left the office the second time, I felt the TN starting up again. The reason for that is that the bed you lie on is warm and my TN flares up in heat, and I had to lie on my back for 20 minutes and that is a problem for me too.
Ever since the second flare up back in November 2011, I learned that when I lay on my back I get a flare up of TN. Unless they do something different from that, I don't believe accupucture would work for me, anyways.

aw thats not good, il try the vitamin route aswell, i havent tried anything yet,my doctor said theres nothing i can do myself to help ease it but they always say that dont they, have you tried

Cranial- osteopathy? they might be able to do sitting up or failing that maybe reiki?

herb robert has some mild pain killing effect

http://www.herbcottage.com.au/dried-herb-robert.html

I drink it as a tea. (Mum got me started on it.) Need to get some more. its mild but helps there is also a plant feverfew http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feverfew again Mum

With the feverfew I chewed leaves and they were bitter and not nice tasting at all but they would talk the edge off a bit.

I could often get away with codine and not have to take the endone after the above. Its a pity the storms in queensland wiped out my plants

Sometimes I drink turmeric tea as it helps to fight inflammation (it is also believed to be a natural prevention against multiple sclerosis). It tastes really good when I add lemon and honey or maple syrup to my tea.

Recently I started to use MSM powder - it's a type of sulphur believed to be good for joint health and also in pain management.

I can't say of either "wow, this really works!" but I think that maybe I'd be feeling worse without them.