Gratitude

dear Friends and Family; I understand we all have our own issues, sometimes seemingly unbearable and a tremendous burden. I find that I may have many bad moments, but always have a good day. My neurologist says I am the happiest and should be the most miserable person he has ever met. I found a long time ago, that negativity snowballs and gets you down, depressed and miserable. At the same time, a positive and GRATEFUL attitude also snowballs and make your days alot easier to handle. My neurologist says that I am the happiest should be the most miserable person he has ever met. I thought that at 52, I would not care to be in an assisted living facility; now I am looking forward to it! I may be able to make a positive influence in other peoples lives, just as I did in the nursing home as an LNA. I enjoy the small things in life, birds, living and dying plants; soon it will be springtime, the hanging plants, the scent of lilacs, a larger variety of birds even skunks, possums, more people and so on. Life is good, if we take the time for positive thoughts and keep negitivity on the back burner. My very best to you all! bob

Hi Bob. Thank you for the reminder that there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for.
Here is what I had framed and put on the wall beside my bed, after my first brain surgery 15 years ago:

just for this moment….

I see that all experiences in my life
are moments of learning.
I give thanks to the Creator for my life,
for it has brought many rewards of
joy and happiness.
I sing songs of praise,
and I am blessed in every phase of my
life now.
My consciousness is lifted to
a state of gratitude, and I respect
every living thing.