Please share

I know its tough, but seriously please think of one positive thing that happened to you today or yesterday and share it. You would be how shocked how a simple share can positively impact others. Give it a try

I met somebody at work who also has TN2, it means I am not alone in the work place and i have someone who understands.

I saw two friends who could see I was sad after hearing bad news. They were so lovely too me and gave me a hug, I felt happier and more positive to cope with what I face.

Pass on a caring hug or pat or look if you know someone in need, it can make a massive difference.

A virtual hug from me Jackie xxx

Today the sun shone and it made me smile and I thought I’m glade to be alive

When I walk along the seafront, which is protected by trees, and see the sun shining on the water and the warmth of it on my back i try to breath deeply and feel so full of well being.

Was having a tough time this AM (cold, rainy, etc) , but just reading these helped me reset and now take on the day

Meanwhile, someone along time ago had this idea of a new calendar with 365 days in a year, yet they could not get it to match the sun exactly so they decided "Ill just add 1 day every four years" and "thats good enough." Now here were are hundreds of years later with an extra day...nothing is perfect, even if with TN I believe we can still do/achieve great things, we just need to redirect all this "excess energy" into something positive (which believe me I understand is not such a simple thing to do esp on "bad days")

Albee what a wonderful way of looking at something so bad,try to turn it into something positive. As you say not always doable but great to try to bear in mind.

At work today I was in a little pain and one of my students asked if I was ok , I said I had a tooth ache as that’s what it felt like , the student said sorry miss , at the end of the lesson as the student left the class he said I hope you feel better soon , that made me smile how sweet and thoutful of him …

Victoria how nice of him, I bet he will grow up to be a caring thoughtful adult.

Gratefulness — Albee, and friends here on the site, I am so grateful for you. We are like warriors against this negative TN in our life and aimed, laser focused on managing it the best way we can…together :-) I posted this a while back and realized it should have gone in this group and perhaps the Encouragement Group.

Here is my post:

Gratefulness

Early in my diagnosis I did not know how to be grateful for TN and thought doing so would label me "goofy" to the -enth degree. My younger brother, who has back pain, has had surgeries and has fought his fight on pain since his fall through a roof at age of 17, said he could be grateful for his journey and had accepted it fully. He mentioned that you can accept a harsh reality AND have the hope that one day you will find a cure or a better way of managing it. You can accept it, and retain hope for a better tomorrow. Still I could not wrap my mind around it.

About the 2 year mark in this journey, one year after the 1st gamma knife, while still experiencing a HUGE amount of pain control w/o meds, I heard Kay Arthur, from Precept Ministries talk about being grateful. She said that science has proven the part of the brain that gratefulness stems from is the SAME part of the brain where we worry and fret. We decide where to set the needle…at worry, …or at gratefulness. The Bible also speaks to this in saying to be, "thankful IN everything" … not necessarily FOR everything. This I can manage. I can/will be grateful while in this TN stage of my life, and since I've come to accept it, now, just shy of 10 years, I choose to be grateful for and in this.

Amazingly, I've been seeing how it has helped me in many ways. In self-care. In appreciating and valuing my life more than I did prior to TN. In appreciating those I love and cherish more. Even an inkling of curiosity as to HOW I will find my freedom from this one day. These positives were NOT mine until acceptance set in deep into my heart and mind.

I could not rush acceptance. It took a good long time to get here. And, as acceptance now accompanies me each day, I feel empowered. By those on this site, my docs and others who speak into my life. If it had taken me 20 years to get to this place, it would have been well worth it. The grief cycle in full circle: check.

I am taking this time when the pain is coming back full force (due to the Botox wearing off), to count why I am grateful and choosing to be grateful on purpose, out loud each day. Thank you my TN friends for sharing your struggle with TN on this site. You are inspiring; like a warm wind at my back.

What are you grateful for today?

Sincerely,

LyndaS

My sister flew in from Canada yesterday. I only see her once or twice a year. She's staying with our parents and I was supposed to go over to theirs today. In the morning I knew I wouldn't be able to make the 1-hour journey. I felt guilty and sad when I phoned my Mom to tell her I'm too exhausted to make the visit. Then my Dad and my sister came round to my flat in the afternoon, my sister brought me a lot of nice foods which I can't get in Prague, we chatted and went through some old photos and then we went for a walk along the Vltava river in the beautiful sunny afternoon. It made me feel really happy. I wish life of full of nice moments like that.

Well Not sure this is in the interests of what you are thinking but here are two things which I am grateful for and which I do every day

1. Be compassionater Learn more at http://www.compassionatelistening.org/ I have done training with them and have actively helped myself by practicing what I learned from them. I am grateful and make a non profit monthly contribution to them for their help.

2. I am on the daily distribution list for gratefulness.org. Here is there message for today the 23rd on May

WORD FOR THE DAY
Thursday, May. 23

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

I suggest you sign on if you are interested for this daily message.

3. And this is not daily but I found through Red the webinars at UCLA medical school some of which are on TN http://www.uclahealth.org/body.cfm?id=2399 and I am truly grateful for this generous and free service.

Anne