First time since chewing gum incident months ago driving and having pain attack

and there I was driving to the pharmacy to pick up my pain med :(

I think my Typical TN 1 is morphing. I think the beast took a week off to power up. I can't live like this. I do not think all the meds are going to help my cause. I look forward to my surgical consult. Although I am very uncomfortable about the Mayo Clinic, even though the nurses would lay their lives on the line there while not liking to work for them.

Choosing a surgeon will probably be difficult based on what I have been reading, at least for me. I need a lot of hand holding and all the doctors are so busy. I am going to check into the concierge doctor for my GP issues. It might be time to say good by to the family doctor of 15 or so years. :(

(I did place a call and write an Email to one of the Dentists on the TN board, no response.)

If anyone on the boards has worked with a surgeon that has a good bedside manner and has had their situation work out to the doctors outlook please respond.

Regards,

Phoebe

Oh, and I'm going to name my pain....Damien. Has anyone else named their pain?

I don't know if you have seen how much I'm starting to mention Dr. Kenneth Casey here. Just google him, in Michigan.

Email him - he will email you back - no calling the nurse, phone tag, etc

I always had a list of questions written down.

He answered every (probably near 100 questions!) from me and my husband. In person and on computer.

He's more factual than touchy feely, but has a great sense of humor.

Answered every follow up email after my MVD when I got back to Missouri.

Kimberly

Kim,

Would you be so kind as to update us on your MVD. I have a neurosurgical consult at the Mayo in Jax on Feb 1st and would really like to have some info from another surgeon regarding this MVD.

Best Wishes,

Phoebe