Double vision after mvd

I am 4 weeks post MVD and I still have really bad double vision. I see my nuerosurgeon next week and he is going to refer me to an opthomologist. I hope I done have to have surgery to correct it.

Hi Nate, I had double vision after my last mvd, it didn't last but corrected itself in the weeks following. All the best. Maureen

I’m sorry to say but…I’m 20months after my MVD and I still have blur and double vision on my op side (left) now wear glasses… although my hearing did come back after a few weeks…stay strong Nate76…everything will be alright… xoxo

I had double vision too after my first mvd. It corrected itself in about 6 weeks. I had to wear a pirate patch for awhile, but it wasn’t too bad. I still can’t go down steps as it comes back a little and I lose my balance. But it’s not that bad. My 2 nd surgery didn’t cause it at all. I think it just depends in where the surgeon decides to work. Hope it gets better soon!

Thank you everyone for the replies, I see my neurosurgeon tomorrow and I am hoping to get some answers. I have to go back to work in about 10 days and I would prefer not to have to wear an eye patch to work. Oh well, I guess there are worse things.