Does anyone else have this problem?

My pain is pretty much under control at the moment, but regardless, ever since I was diagnosed almost a year ago I am CONSTANTLY biting my tongue! The left side of my face around my lower jaw and the left side of my tongue have diminished sensation and I am often finding that I basically "lose track" of where my tongue is. Eating, talking...doesn't matter, I just frequently bite my tongue. I guess on the bright side, I can FEEL it, so there is still sensation there!

I do the EXACT same thing. I clamp down on the right side of my tongue, which is the side of my jaw/teeth that hurt. I do it even when I don't hurt. Not sure why other than I expect it to hurt.

Hello HarrysMom,

Yes, I have this problem, Exept it's on the right side. I have numbness on my tongue and cannot taste as well either.

I really don't like this either. My doctor suggested when I talk and eat to slow down to see if it helps any. It has helped tremendously... But it still happens at night tho.. !! Min

Yes, and I am fed up of doing it. I often have an ulcer if I break the skin in my mouth so double fed up.

Thanks everyone for responding! It is horrible, it's like I just can't tell where my tongue is in my mouth either because of the pain or, more recently, the numbness and tingling! I think in the past 12 months I've bitten my tongue more than I have collectively in my entire life!