At ER

How can I make them do MRI?

Sorry your at the ER. I’m not sure how you can make them do an MRI. Could you request one or suggest an MRI be done? I hope you get some relief from pain soon.

A regular MRI will NOT find TN --- it only rules out MS

You need a special kind of MRI to see vein compressions

Let us know what happens--I'm sure insurance is also a factor

For the first time I feel like I want to die. I feel like no one can help me. And it’s all drugs, drugs, drugs.

I have to wait 3 hours in the ER to see a neurologist. All they’ve give me is Percocet … My attacks get coming and coming. The doctors don’t know what to do. They don’t care. I’m sitting here wasting hundreds of dollars for what !

Why won’t the help me?

Oh sweetie I’m an truly sorry. I’ve been there before with er’s. The last time I went to an ER the doctor told my husband I was not his (meaning the doctor) problem. Is there any way you can have your regular doctor/s call into the ER? Mine have done that before when I had been acussed of a drug seeker. This going to sound awful and I know it’s hard to do but try repeating a Pharse over and over to your self. Something like this Is just a stage, I can do this. This has helped me sometimes. I wish there was something I could do more to help you right now.

I am so sorry, when I went to the ER, they accused me of coming for narcotics because I take Fiorinal for my migraines, they were unprofessional as well and advised me that the ER does not diagnose for pain??? I thought that was what I went for? I told the pysicsians assistant that if i was a drug addict I wouldnt be sitting there in designer shoes and proceeded to take one off and throw it at her i was so pissed. I was so out of control with pain, they didnt do anything but tell me to go to an ENT. I hope they help you there, I will be thinking of you and hoping you get help... Wendy

What do you do next after ER?

Many carry a card/note from doctor with diagnosis - previous pain meds -- most narcotics only take the edge off for many of us.

Many insurance companies will soon be squelching "willy nilly" narcotics for its insured customers

Hope you are pain free soon-- we are here

I guess being in pain makes you impatient. I know the MRI won’t say TN, but I was hoping for some answers or some something - I dont know.

The neurologist finally came and we got into it some. I tried explaining to him my fears about being able to function on meds. He’s not the doctor I’ll see, but works in the same group. Anyhow, I’m now going to try Trileptal. We talked about narcotics and he wouldn’t let me talk much, I don’t take them every day, I am trying hard not to take them, but he says I’m dependent on them. My GP wrote 40 Percocet seven days ago and I still have 18. I’ve also lost 5 lbs within a month.

The neurologist said he thinks I have type 1, but another doctor said type 2. I am so confused. I apologized to the doctor there, but I feel some doctors just don’t understand what this pain is like. The one nurse said, “doesn’t crying make it worse!?” and it does, but I couldn’t help it. I tried not to…

Still waiting until July 31st to see my neurologist and have a back up neurologist in mind just in case.

I hope the Trileptal helps, so I can get away from all the other meds. I have never taken so many meds in my life.

On a positive note: the nurses and doctors thought the facial pain crisis form was really awesome and they asked who designed it.

Thanks for it that, Red.

If you have type 1, and have trileptal -- chances are you will be pain free very soon.

I just could NOT handle the side effects. But because of this site - and a year of research - I've moved into a 90% pain free life - I wish all of you the same